Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Recall brake Fix kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Recall brake Fix kit

I got the brake line fix kit for the predator today.This is for the recall thatis on the pred.
The kit has a brace that bolts to the juntion box which holds the brake lines,The lines are held on the brace by zip ties.Also the kit has 2 new brake line looms that hold the lines on the a-arms.These loom sit closer to the wheel and is half the size of the stock ones. they are also held inplace by a bolt and Zip ties.

This kit take about 10 minutes to put on.The hardest part about it is bolting on the torx bolt that hold on the brace.this is only because I have a sterring damper and a thicker HPD steering post. Otherwise,the bolts might have been easier to screw in.

IT'S A EASY FIX
Thank you
Matt

Old 03-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

The bolts are still tight to get to on a stock machine. If you use a 6" long 1/4" extension, you can get the perfect angle on it. We only received 5 kits out of an order of 18.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

I am just waiting to see how long my dealer takes to notify me . I called when I found out about it but they didnt ask who it was . Just a test .

Old 03-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

I just got mine today, hope to put it on this weekend

Old 03-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

Is this necessary to do, or just if you are having a problem with brake fluid leaking? Are they all starting to leak or just a couple. I was just wondering before I call my dealer.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

YO I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE IT DONE!!!! My lines broke completely out of the juntion box.I amost crashed.I happens because it is held by the looms on the a-arms.That cause the flex to happen up at the box so,what was happing is te flare fittin was Braking off in the box.THEN IT LEAKS AND YOU CAN JUST PULL THE LINE OUT OF THE BOX!

GET IT FIX BEFORE YOU GET HURT!!! TAKE IT FROM ME YOU DON"T WANT TO GET HURT!!!

Thanks
Matt

Old 03-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I've never had a problem with mine either. After several MX mishaps, no leaks. But after seeing & installing a couple of the kits, Mines getting it tonight!

Old 03-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

I bought my pred used and wondering if I can get the recall kit? If so, can the dealer give me the kit rather than I taking my pred to them to fix it?

Old 03-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

You should be able to get it fixed no matter what, as long as the VIN number on the machine is part of the recall, it's a big safety issue, they would rather pay for the low cost fix than deal with a lawsuit later down the road! Take it in. The dealer may have to do it though for legal reasons. It's free, why risk your own safety!!

Old 03-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Do not wait for them to call you, most likely they will not call you. I know this because i guy brought a quad to us that he bought somewhere else and it turns out he didnt get the thing recalled so he burned up the engine and cost him 3700$ to repair. Dont wait for them to call you, some dealers just arent on top of the game. However we have only received two of them, so it they me hard to come by.

Quick Reply: Predator Recall brake Fix kit