Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Nobody rides Polaris in the south (TN)!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody rides Polaris in the south (TN)!!

I went on a 50 miles trip this past weekend down by Chattacoochee. Well, I must of seen 60 4wheelers the whole day riding. I only seen 3 polaris quads the whole trip, mine my buddies 400 SP 2 cycle and some guys 700. I was like what the f*ck?? Everybody has Hondas down there. Everytime I would ride by them they looked at me like I was some creature from out of space. Later talking to my buddy that has a Stinkon Honda, he said that's Honda country down there. I will go anywhere a honda goes anyday of the week. I just thought it was weird seeing all hondas. By the way the only other kind of quad I seen the whole day was a Kawasaki. Very Very weird. Nothing against honda riders but they seem to think I can't go where they go for some reason. Believe me boys I've ran and stayed on top and in front with the top dawgs. Was wandering if anybody ran into a trip like that?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean. Polaris is a rare quad in the South. I have the only Polaris I know of around here. My friends and I rode a trail the other day, and of the say 30 bikes I saw, there were two sportsmans. Mine and a 700. All my buddies have hondas. Two have the new Rancher AT's and hate them. They thought just b/c they said HONDA on the side they would be great. I guess it doesnt work that way. But I have noticed what you are talking about. I make the trip every weekend from Cookeville Tn to Al. It seems the only quads I see on trailers are Hondas. Its the same on the trails. Its alright though, I like to be different and enjoy showing up Hondas.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, i know what you mean, i live here in Tullahoma, Bout 25 minutes from Murfressboro. i go ride at the rock quarry over in Cowan, and in Estill Springs now that the lake is dried up. i have seen 2 polaris other than mine. one was a 400 and another a 700. but it was funny when all the Honda, suziki riders saw my big 500 with 26" mudlites, all of them were drooling over it then.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you want to see lots of polaris on the trail, come on up to mn,( maybe because they are built here), but when im out riding, its 80% polaris.

Old 04-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I've rode out at LBL and I think I've only seen a polaris probably a hand full of times out there, other than my daughters of course.. I did see a polaris riding in the last mid-south harescramble in Vanleer TN a few weeks ago.. not too many dealers around I guess....

Old 04-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris is the Majority here in Colorado where ATVs need to be tough to survive...

Old 04-07-2004, 07:16 PM
Range Rover

Thats because the people in the south are smart and ride YAMAHAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding with man, i never rode in the south so i wouldnt know.

Old 04-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

Several of my riding buddies ride Polaris quads.....and several ride hondas, and there are a couple of Prairies thrown in for good measure. And you know what? We all get along! We don't have to badmouth each others rides, except maybe a little good natured ribbing once in a while. All of the manufacturers have been building them for several years now, so they are all pretty good. It's just a matter of personal preference. I personally like my Honda, but my best friend has a 500 sp. They are both good quads, and he will say the same.

Old 04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

darn Hondas....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

We are from central Ky and ride Pickett State Park on the Ky/Tenn state line. A year ago we didn't see anything but Honda's but, we have rode there 3 times this year and the Big P's are on their way south. We seen about 40 ATV's in a group 30 were Polaris.