Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pred front plastics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pred front plastics?

has anyone else had the problem of there 2 mounts that are attached to the inside of the front plastics that slip on to the 2 gas tank bolts break away from there plastics yet? If so does anyone have a fix for this? Instead of having to purchase an all new front plastics.............
Thanks for any advice......................

Old 04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did yours break? I assume so....I have heard that Polaris is taking care of customers with broken plastic, if it is reasonable, so you may try taking that route first.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

YES i had that happen to me to. all i did was find a bolt that was long enough to go though the plastics to the gas tank.I dilled a hole in the middle of the clip area on the pastic,I put the bolt though and used a piece of small hose on the screw to hold it on the plastic. also the hose piece helps from keeping you from over tighing the plastics to the tank.
I just got new black plastics and have thought about doing it to them just because it will brake on those too.Also with that dumb clip thing the plastics rattle on the bolt/stud and that pisses me off.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Matt, don't take this to heart, but you also have to realize that you beat the crap out of your quad, so you really can't expect a whole lot from it.....I know you bought it to ride, and you ride hard, but I am suprised it holds up as good as it does.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Fixitmatt
YES i had that happen to me to. all i did was find a bolt that was long enough to go though the plastics to the gas tank.I dilled a hole in the middle of the clip area on the pastic,I put the bolt though and used a piece of small hose on the screw to hold it on the plastic. also the hose piece helps from keeping you from over tighing the plastics to the tank.
I just got new black plastics and have thought about doing it to them just because it will brake on those too.Also with that dumb clip thing the plastics rattle on the bolt/stud and that pisses me off.
hey matt would you by chance have any pics of the fix you could email; me?, yes this is what I am talking about the 2 metal clips that hook onto the gas tank bolts both broke away from the front plastics and I was wondering if there was a way to either find some type of good plastic weld to reglue them or some type of screw set-up, As for polaris covering plastics I have never heard of this but that would be nice................................

Old 04-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

2 people thats it? Has anyone else had this problem? please all ideas will be considered............

Old 08-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

badazzpred......what did you finally end up doing to your plastic to fix it?? Mine broke too, and I am going to fix it, but drilling holes is a pretty big step....so I want to get every option/idea that I can. I don't mind drilling, as long as I know that I am doing it right. Thanks

Old 08-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The left side on mine broke, i haven't fixed it yet. It doesn't cause any problems.

I would just drill a hole through the plastic and use the hole on the tank where the clip connected to.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

I have not even fixed It yet, but the fix I came up with Is along the lines of what trailrider said.
remove the 2 stud bolts from the tank go to your local hardware store and match them up to the same bolt but a bit longer not by much
get 2 small rubber washers and some rubber hose that the stud bolt will be able to go through, then drill holes in the plastic where the original stud bolts were, take your new stud bolt slip a rubber washer on it stick it through the drilled out hole in your plastics on the outside then cut your rubber hose to length slip that on the stud bolt behind the plastic and screw it back into the original hole I think It Is a better way to mount the front fenders then what came stock If you have any other questions just post I will get back to you.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mine broke a long time ago. I just left them broke. It's a lot easier to put the plastic back on when u dont have to line it up on those things.