Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler rear brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler rear brake problems

I know you shouldn't have to take the screws out for a bleeding, but in cars it is pretty much mandatory that if you don't get any fluid out of the bleeder you pull the screw out and check to see that it isn't clogged and keeping you from bleeding.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:22 AM
Range Rover

by the way, the front brakes work just fine and the hand lever has full pressure.

Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, I'm a little stumped on this one...if your still not getting breaks, then ya it could possibly be your bleeder screws...I never heard of having to unscrew them all the way out though...hopefully when you get your new ones in it will fix the problem...hate to see 20 bucks go to waste..I don't really have any other ideas...unless its froze up.or your master cylinder is bad..but I don't blame you if you take it to the dealer if you can't fix it with these new bleeders...specially since I'm sure you can't get much time to work on it....post us the results though!!!

Old 05-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey quadracer18 my pms arent working so are you still planning on Badlands this weeekend?

Old 05-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

Well I just spent about an hour, between pumping them and trying to bleed them, then just finally let the hand lever gravity bleed for a few minutes and now I do have brakes from the hand lever, still couldn't get that bleeder screw to bleed, and the foot lever bleeder still squirts out no matter how far in I turn it, but I figure I will at least have the hand lever for all brakes as the fronts were always working fine for this weekend, which will only be a few hours at Turkey Bay as it's my wifes B-day Sunday and she luckily would love to go to Kentucky lake. I am still going to replace both bleeders though, as one is stopped up and the other won't stop bleeding, and from there I will see if the foot lever cylinder is bad. I will let you guys know what I find though. Thanks for all the great help.