Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking about racing my predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about racing my predator

Oh yeah, and another thing.. what would i do to the suspension? i mean, im pretty comfortable with it now, even though its a little tuff to corner at high speeds.. but.. should i just screw with it till i find a setting i like?

Old 05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

look into at least some wheel spacers if not bigger axle and extended a-arms......some PEP or Elks shocks would be recommended

Old 05-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Corrodiate
Oh yeah, and another thing.. what would i do to the suspension? i mean, im pretty comfortable with it now, even though its a little tuff to corner at high speeds.. but.. should i just screw with it till i find a setting i like?
With the aftermarket suspension setup you'll accomplish several things. You'll lower your center of gravity which greatly helps in cornering, and you'll give yourself softer dampening at the begining of the stroke for the braking/acceleration chop, and a more progressive dampening for when you just so happen to come up short on some of those jumps you get enough nerve to try eventually. If I were to seriously persue racing again suspension would be my TOP priority.

If your suspension keeps you too high in the travel in the corners you'll never be able to corner as quickly as your competition because of the tippy feeling it results. If your initial suspension action is too stiff it will beat you to death and tire you out quickly. And if your dampening is not progressive enough you'll blow through the travel and bottom out on big hits. I guess the point I'm making is you can certainly work on getting the stock setup as good as possible, but the guys that take the time to learn and properly setup thier suspension while BLOW by you on anything other than a perfectly flat straight away, and lets face it, in MX theres hardly ever a perfectly groomed surface all day..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

can you give me a link to the HPD suspension?