Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking about racing my predator

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about racing my predator

Yeah, my pred is basicly stock, all i have is the pure polaris silencer. Nothing aftermarket. Im willing to spend about $2,000 on this. Im thinking about a new pipe or something, definetly the edelbrock carb. Give me some ideas.

Id like to be able to give the YFZ's and TRX's some competition around here in mass.

Id also like to take some weight off of it, i dont know how i can do this.. but any ideas are welcomed

Old 05-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Range Rover

ok yeh, full exhaust, bigger carb, UNI filter, bigger cams, piston, sprockets, chain, tires (cus stock sucks) go with maxxis, reeds v force..and list goes on..this is just for starters

Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

You will have to go with a bigger cam and springs....since it's a 4 stroke and they don't have reeds. I seen the Predator drag race agaist the Raptor.....the Raptor did not have a chance. They both was stock. The Predator looks like they come out with a good set of tires....they was hooking up good. I know you are talking about track racing and not drag racing.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

If your thinking of racing mx then SUSPENSION should be your top priority. Doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't utilize it. Polaris sells the front rezzies($320), and HPD sells the triple rate front double rate rear spring set up($385). Prices are just from memory, but I think thats pretty close. For mx I think thats your best bet. And if you have any extra I'd get a good set of low profile mx tires. 20"/19" fronts and 18" rears. They really help in cornering as well.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I'll second what Bryan stated, get that suspension upgraded. The front shock rezzi's are the best mod for the Pred.

You can open up the air intake with the 1770 K&N slip-on filter from Hyperracing.com for only $23. Also get an Outerware for it (preferably the "WR" water resistant one).

You did well with the Pure Polaris silencer.

A 12.5:1 Wiseco piston helps things rev quite a bit quicker too.

You've got a lot of bang for the buck with the initial predator purchase, a great base to start from. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

O, and I forgot to add as well. If running mx you will have to run nerf bars, and a tether kill switch as well. You can run the pure polaris nerfs(although I don't like the way the netting runs outside of the bars), or you can get other aftermarket setups. If I'd had the cash flow I would have gone with a pro-peg/heelguard combo and eliminated the stock heelguards. Looks VERY slick, and shaves some weight. Something the Pred definately needs to do.......

Old 05-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

I concur with mob......we race minis and it even effects them. If the suspension isnt the first thing you work on then you are wasting your time brother. You can have all the power in the world but if you cant get the bike to get around it well then it doesnt matter.....The predator is a stout bike stock so spend it on suspension and go give it a whirl....experience will hamper ya at first too so the suspension will help take care of your mistakes bro....have fun and remember......" when in doubt....gas it!"

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

HeyBig nig it helps to know what you're talking about before answering someones question.

Old 05-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

LOL

Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the Polaris nerf bars, ill look into those other ones.

And are these the rezzi's your talking about? Here

Quick Reply: Thinking about racing my predator