Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 EFI RPM Limiter during Break in period

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 EFI RPM Limiter during Break in period

700EFI with 13 hours and 140 Miles . Great machine. In high gear max RPM is 6400 at about 55 MPH.
Does this unit has an RPM Limiter?
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, Soft limits at 6300 and hard limits at 6500. Unfortunately, this happens at about half to three quarter throttle on my machine. Hopefully someone will figure a bypass or a way to bump it up since I am curious to know what that extra 1/4 throttle will give me.

Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

I have some great news for you then. Check these links out:

Power commander

Information on the product

I hope this helps, I'm thinking of getting this myself. I'm hoping to hear some reviews on it before I lay down $250 though.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

well there boys i have some bad news, the powercommander does not eliminate or can you change the rev limiter, i am going through this right now. I have 26" mud bugs and an EPI clutch kit and it just bounces off the limiter with my powercommander. I also have and MBRP pipe so it revs up so fast i can only get about 50 mph out of it where as before i could get 65 mph. I was reading on another forum that some has figured out how to by pass it but i did not save the link so you will have to fish around and see what you can find. let me know if you guys do. email me at scottfunk10@hotmail.com. happy quading and dont take any !@#$$ from those other brands.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

Same problem here. Done it since it was new. Took it back and they couldn't find any problem.
Mine hits the limiter with 26" Mudlites or the factory tires.
Full throttle in low range and it will hit the limiter in 15 feet.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

i hear ya 67bullit. do you have any clutch mods if so what are you using. We have to find someone who knows about bypassing the limiter or something. I thought about it the last time i went for a rip and i might have to go up a couple of grams in my weights. I know you have to play with the primary clutch weights when you go sledding in the mountains here in Alberta. Also, what map are you using in your commander. I also have a buddy that works at a local polaris dealer and they play with clutches (different weights and spring combo's) so if i hear anything i shall let you know. I heard if you get rid of the EBS system and go with an older clutch set up the thing just rocks. I guess you have to determine if EBS is important enough to keep, i know it is to me because some of the mountain riding requires it that is for sure. Thanks for getting back to me, keep in contact we will get is sorted out one way or another.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

Please keep us informed.

NO, I don't have any clutch mods, bike is all stock except for tires.

Thanks

Old 04-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am working right now but when i get home the best clutch combination that i had heard of from a polaris tech is a green Polaris spring in the primary, a black/red spring in the seconday and 60 grams sled weights ( or S58 gram weights witch is harder to find) according to him it really woke up their 700efi demo quad. The only thing is that we are at 2200ft elevation around Edmonton, Alberta Canada and the weights might be different for you where you live. He said that i was foolish to buy a whole clutch kit because they use a factory Helix and the spring and weight combination with the already awsome team roller seconday clutch in there demo that they use for the big quad derbies with sick mud holes. According to him that is the best. I am going to try this when i get home later this week. A couple of springs and a set of weights are cheap. I will let you know.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

How long have you had the EPI clutch kit? I put one on my 600 and i used to do 62-65 mph now 50-55 max with no revs 5800 top to 6200
the spring is gone already with only 500 miles on it.
Just a suggestion but get rid of EPI.
I am.

Just GIVVER

Old 04-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

That seems to be the general consensis from people that i have talked to locally. The EPI does not seem to give that much more grunt out of the hole but i think if you are running 27" or bigger tires i think it would be better. O well if anyone knows of a better combination that is proven to work other than my last post i will try it. The clutch kit i am running is EPI 2000-6000 ft kit, this is because of the elevation that i am at home and sometimes i work at around 4000 ft. I am running the suggested weights in the kit and that might be the problem. I know there has got to be a better way, let me know.

Quick Reply: 700 EFI RPM Limiter during Break in period