Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

LOL. Looks like RATTY got scared off when confronted to provide Proof of his claims.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh the poor thing, you scared it away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

LOL. He must have read my Icon and knew his mom would get mad at him looking at this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bet he is being savagely whipped right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 01:38 AM

Ok guys, this is getting out of hand! The 700 EFI Polaris is only @120 pounds heavier than the rest, excluding the bombardier 650 which is @ 740 pounds. As for the EFI and ECU argument, I can only say that I live "between" mountains, from 1000ft up to 7000ft. Out here, if your in the middle of nowhere and your EFI screws up, your hooped! At least with a carb you can wrench/rejet. You need a computer to perform sensor diagnostics and variuos other input/output recalibrations. You don't have to worry about these types of issues , mainly because your in the prairies(flatlands) and don't have to deal with the same conditions as BC does, such as ambient quantitative oxygen content fluctuations in relation to elevated oxygen content minimization. Oh I'm not 12 and I'm not 43 I'm 32 and I'm listening to TOOL and SlipKnot. I'm an freelance informative/investigative journalist and am affiliated with several publishing and manufacturing companies thoughout the US and Canada. This forum, and several others are a base for me to collect information, from the "street level", about various recreational motor products, and the publics opinion towards them. NO harm!! I'll check back later...........Apocalypse Now just started! RATTY

Old 06-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

So obvioulsly you have no clue how the SP700 EFI works. It has a fail safe mode in case anything ever did happen to the EFI or ECM so that you can get back. There is also an on board diagnostic mode that you can access through the display. So before you go bashing a machine, get the facts strait!!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 02:03 AM

Try getting back home in "limp" mode when you are 70 miles out in the bush and all you can do is approxiametely 5 miles an hour. Other conditions persist with the EFI system as well, which will render it useless ( no limp mode at all), such as ambient molecular oxygen condensation (AMOC) levels, which, when in a humid, moist air, location such as BC, can actually "choke" the intake sensor because the 02 level is being depleted by the H20 variants within! In the prairies , and your location, the air is quite dry and does not have these elevated AMOC levels, which is a "control", or perfect environment for efficient sensory response! RATTY

Old 06-14-2004, 02:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

And how many of these DOCUMENTED cases can you show me? Or are you just speculating. The EFI system is a BOSCH EFI system. The same Bosch that is on the Cadilacs and numerous other brands. Probably one of the BEST EFI manufactures out there. And trust me, where I live, dry air is nearly NON existent. Low humidity to me would be in mid 80%'s. Most of the time it is in the high 80%-90%

Old 06-14-2004, 02:38 AM

You are a master-debator! How would you like to join forces and work on my, column. My clients are on "remote" right now and are.........pissing themselves! Congratulations your in my next freelance editorial for ?????????? Magazine! They're gonna send a T-shirt and cap! Look for my editorial, I think I'll call it "THE VOICE OF REASON SPEAKS.....DO YOU HEAR IT?" Should be out in 2-3 monthes depending on there current/pending publication deadline goals. You just have to find it, read it, and then e-mail your info to them and they'll take care of you! Play your cards right! RATTY

Old 06-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

LOL I'm on the fourms looking around all the time, I have NEVER seen were a 700 EFI's EFI has stopped working, correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen smaller problems here and there as with any ATV but nothing with the EFI. I'll say this the 700 EFI has out done all my friends big bores in pretty much everything we have done, and mine is the only one that has NEVER died. It's the king of the mud hole, with its true AWD and smooth riding IRS it makes mud bumbs trails look dumb. It has the BEST seat in the industry just have a sit down on one. It's the second fastest big bore on take off, and the fastest in topend. It is not tippy and drives and rides like a catty or lincoln. It runs smooth always no matter how hot or cold it is outside it always runs "right". I love this ATV!

Quick Reply: SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI