Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

Originally posted by: RATTY
...don't have to deal with the same conditions as BC does, such as ambient quantitative oxygen content fluctuations in relation to elevated oxygen content minimization.
WTF? Please, no crack smokers on the forum!

Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

glad to see all of us stick together. it seems that there are some people that like the sp. i love it and have conveinced a couple of friends to get one. this ratty freelance hom* whatever he is calling himself can go pack mud in his azz.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

No, really, it's true - Ratty is right. Fuel injection is highly unreliable and is rendered useless by too much humidity and simple other factors. There is not one car with fuel injection that gets anybody to work or from point A to point B. They usually run in limp mode too because they are so finicky. Fuel injection is terrible and for whatever reason, only Ratty can see this and all the high paid engineers with smarts have not figured it out yet. HAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAA HAAA.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

So are you saying that every person who owns a f/i vehicle doesnt go anywhere where you live? Only carburated vehicles? Thats extremely hard to believe as most every vehicle produced is now fuel injected. Polaris is setting the trend for the future with there injection.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Im sorry..I just gotta say that I almost pizzed myself about the "work on my column" thing..admit it..it made you laugh even tho it was rather juvinile...the only thing ive noticed about the polaris is all this high tech stuff and it uses the most outdated motor of its kind..im mean comon..its a pushrod ...and what gives with the fireing order..a twin cylider machine that has both pistons moving up at the same time in which only 1 cylider fires??....can someone explain the benefit of this?...im curious to know

Old 06-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Metallikev
Im sorry..I just gotta say that I almost pizzed myself about the "work on my column" thing..admit it..it made you laugh even tho it was rather juvinile...the only thing ive noticed about the polaris is all this high tech stuff and it uses the most outdated motor of its kind..im mean comon..its a pushrod ...and what gives with the fireing order..a twin cylider machine that has both pistons moving up at the same time in which only 1 cylider fires??....can someone explain the benefit of this?...im curious to know
Well to be so outdated it makes 50.4 HP at the crank. It's also one of the smoothest running and most powerful engines in the industry. Who cares how it works, it does work and it works VERY well.

No, really, it's true - Ratty is right. Fuel injection is highly unreliable and is rendered useless by too much humidity and simple other factors. There is not one car with fuel injection that gets anybody to work or from point A to point B. They usually run in limp mode too because they are so finicky. Fuel injection is terrible and for whatever reason, only Ratty can see this and all the high paid engineers with smarts have not figured it out yet. HAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAA HAAA.
I dont know were you would get this. The 700's EFI is the same EFI system they use in there Watercraft. As a matter of fact just about the hole electrical system is from there Watercraft line up. I know the starter, battery, and EFI system are. So if those things don't see a ton of humidity I dont know what does, and there not breaking down all the time or Polaris would just stop making the things. Lets look at how the 700 EFI runs, not how many times its going to be in the shop because its going to be very low. Look at the amount Polaris has sold, then look at how many are posting back with problems. Not very many. I own one I know its a good ATV, and I have 670 miles with out a single problem! Hey if someone wants my VIN number I'll PM it to you and you can go look it up for yourself, then I'll take a picture of my speedo so you can check my miles. I've got proof, I don't think you can say the same thing.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

ProXpilot,

To answer your question, the Sportsman is a great machine. I have been on many different bikes and have come to the conclusion that the Sportsman is King!! I realiaze that the competitors also make great bikes (to each his own), but the sportsman has a supreme ride, climbs just about anything (believe me, I know - I live in the mountains), and is very reliable. If I were in the market right now to buy a new 4-wheeler, I would buy the 700 twin EFI. Yes, it does have more components to break down, however, I believe the EFI is the way to go and is much more reliable than a traditional carb. The only problem I have had with my Sportsman 400 is the carb. Fuel injection has been around since the 50's and in many cases, has given the carb its last rights. The EFI is proven and will withstand elevation change, humidity, temperature, etc. Plus, it just looks cool and is damn fast for a 4-stroke. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Reading through this thread should give some of the benefit of 600/700 motor.

Link

Old 06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

[VERY , then I'll take a picture of my speedo so you can check my miles. I've got proof, I don't think you can say the same thing.[/quote]

well..im not sure I now what you mean by the last statement..my quad has nearly identical milage and hours and has never had so much as a hickup......

Old 06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

thank you guy's for all your input, and the lil argument that was pretty funny. i think you guy's helped me make me decision. i was at a toss up between a kawi V- force 700, SP 600 twin , 700 twin efi.

Quick Reply: SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI