Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI

sportsman guy's tell me why i should buy one. whats the pro's and con's of this machine?

Old 06-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

no one on here ownes one er what?

Old 06-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ill say this,
true 4-wheel drive

Old 06-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

no problem......i got my 700 efi in april.... within the first 24hrs i had it in the creek behind the house in mud about 10" and water up to the bottom of the fenders. in and out no problem. the bank is really steep to get out and i had to tie the front down only to keep it down....it climbed its way out. i was able to go forward or backwards with easy. it has the reverse rev limiter override that just allows you to get out of any bad situation before it gets really bad. i have tried to get this thing stuck.... even gone thru some pretty deep mudd in 2 wheel drive and without any problem just kept on going. independent rear suspention. it is the most comfortable smoothest ride i have been on. behind the farm was a mortar board plowed field and went right over it in high gear and didn't get the hell beat out of me. the independent rear suspention is great in the mudd when going over ruts or thru them because it allows your tires to always be digging. the on demand awd is as true as they say it is. i put a 9 yr old on it in the middle of a mud field with water half way up the tires and the machine never even slowed down. it only threw mudd out the back.....power and torque. i cut a ton of wood every year. i dropped about 30 to 40 ft pine trees and pulled them to the slash pile in the back. whole trees...not cut up. whole. the belt never slipped or squeled. just put a clevis on the hitch and hooked the chains up and went.....my neighbor (long story) got 2 two wheel drive trucks stuck in his side yard. he tried his artic cat 400 whatever, and had a hard time to get it into 4 wheel drive and it just spune. i went over to help and drink a beer, pulled the winch out and after a few seconds they came right out. speed...i have had mine in the upper 50's. my buddy has a 400 ex and in april we hit the trails in atlanta mi. and i had no problems keeping up with him. it handles like a machine half its size. i am a bigger guy and can move it around the trails at full speed and not even think of worrying...it has an easy to read speed-o and digital tach, od, trip, hrs.....it also has a dignostic port to put on the computer to monitor the statis or your machine. it starts right up. a couple cranks and its ready to run. everytime. and if you ever take it to the mountains you don't have to adjust your machine.juat ride and go. i read on a forum that some guy out west (montana) started out at 3000 ft in elevation, and finished at 9,250 and the machine never even sputtered.

to say the least i love my machine. she is a fat girl but she will run and go thru some awesome mud, water, sand dunes, work one the farm, whatever....it is a comfortable ride, smooth, fast, tough, bad ***........it has my fullest recommendation, which is a lot because i wouldn't write a letter or recommendation for my twin sister......i am working on some pics in my gallery....i will have them posted sometime this week......if you have anymore questions please ask...i can't say enough good things about this machine....dan-o

Old 06-13-2004, 11:11 PM

You forgot 150 pounds more (dry weight ) than all the other BIG bores! Gee I wonder why it's EFI! Good luck "trouble-shooting" your ECU to get the EFI to work when your 100 miles from nowhere, she quits, and there isnt a power pole in site! Dont worry I'm not connected to any brand, yet, I trash em all. After all there is another side to the coin! RATTY

Old 06-13-2004, 11:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If all you do is "trash them all" then keep you opinions to yourself!

Old 06-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my efi about 1 month ago and absolutely love it. I have about 85 miles on it now. The only problem I have had was my one fault. I was going through some really deep mud holes over the memorial day weekend and was stuck in a mudhole and had to back up and go forward a few times to get out. I wasn't using low gear and nailing the throttle in high and my belt let out a huge cloud of smoke. I thought for sure I cooked it would have to get a new one but I just put it in low range and climbed out. Put on about 30 miles since then and the belt seems fine. Other than that it has been perfect. I love the IRS and feel of the big quad. I have had it up to about 50-55 mph but let off since it is not broken in yet. The power,suspension, and ground clearance is awesome! The fuel injection has been flawless so far and makes starting the machine a piece of cake. Yesterday I went riding with one of my buddies who rode my 02 Raptor and I rode the 700 efi and I buried the 700 almost up to the seat in mud and water. The back was up to the rack with the exhaust and everything completely under water for at least five minutes while I unwound the winch and winched it out. I was concerned I might have gotten water in the clutch since it was under water for so long but it worked perfect again immediately after getting it out! I was impressed.

Old 06-14-2004, 12:20 AM

Because I like to get down to ***** of what works and what doesnt , instead of "BLINDLY" putting my support behind something that isnt proven!! Didnt mean to "HIT a NERVE" or maybe I did!!

Old 06-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

So what FACTS do you have to back your bashing???

Old 06-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Range Rover

you input is useless and un-needed ratty, get a life or better yet get a quad!

Quick Reply: SELL me on the sportsman 700 twin EFI