Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator the most underated 4wheeler around...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator the most underated 4wheeler around...

Originally posted by: BADBEARnoSportsman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: tbsleeper
but wat wast he ratio of predators to yfzs??? maybe about 5:1

Predators.... 5 YFZ.....1

That's what you wrote, I can read fine.... you need to learn to speak.... probably wouldn't be a problem if your parents weren't brother and sister. I don't know why I am responding to sleeper, you ride a Trailblazer..... a petal bike would be a step up from that!! LOL

Hozed,

Answer this honestly, which one do you prefer to ride?
There about to open a BIG can of whoop a$$!

Old 07-13-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man wat do u do go around pickin on people? i can speak trust me im smarter than u would ever be i go to a school that was named highschool of the year in 99, so trust me im smarter than u will ever be. u saying that my tb is for girls? maybe it is but i sure like it.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know much about the sport quads, but I know tons about the 4x4s. And BADBEARnoSportsman I see you own a Grizz. You care to race? Go to the mud pits? Have a pulling contest? I didn't think so....

Old 07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

dammit!!!!

Old 07-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

hey man wat do u do go around pickin on people? i can speak trust me im smarter than u would ever be i go to a school that was named highschool of the year in 99, so trust me im smarter than u will ever be. u saying that my tb is for girls? maybe it is but i sure like it.
Sleeper,

Sounds like you are a bright young man, I apologize for the comment. Just so we are straight on this, when you say predators 5:1, you really mean yfz's 5:1.... right?

Looks like you have put allot of work into your Blazer, if you like it, that's all that matters.

Polaris5610,

Thanks for the invite on race/pulloff/mudbog, sounds like a hell of allot of fun. However, that's a long drive for me and my Dmax, your welcome to come to Arizona but its hot as hell out here. Too bad those aren't events in the summer Olympics.... I'm sure I would see you there.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: polaris5610
I don't know much about the sport quads, but I know tons about the 4x4s. And BADBEARnoSportsman I see you own a Grizz. You care to race? Go to the mud pits? Have a pulling contest? I didn't think so....
I'm game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

P.S.

When my Bear has been Bad..... I wont feed him any sportsmans.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Sleeper,

Sounds like you are a bright young man, I apologize for the comment. Just so we are straight on this, when you say predators 5:1, you really mean yfz's 5:1.... right?

Looks like you have put allot of work into your Blazer, if you like it, that's all that matters.

Polaris5610,

Thanks for the invite on race/pulloff/mudbog, sounds like a hell of allot of fun. However, that's a long drive for me and my Dmax, your welcome to come to Arizona but its hot as hell out here. Too bad those aren't events in the summer Olympics.... I'm sure I would see you there.
It's a long drive for me too, but if you ever go to Arkansas for some reason be sure to drop me a line. BTW I'm not bashing the Grizz, I have two riding buddy's that have one and it's a very nice ATV. If there wasn't a Sportsman I would prolly own a Grizz or the new BF750.....

Old 07-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: polaris5610
Sleeper,

Polaris5610,

It's a long drive for me too, but if you ever go to Arkansas for some reason be sure to drop me a line. BTW I'm not bashing the Grizz, I have two riding buddy's that have one and it's a very nice ATV. If there wasn't a Sportsman I would prolly own a Grizz or the new BF750.....

Sportsman's are no slouch either, however, I think your right about the bf750, it looks awesome.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Face it sleeper and hozed, you own a overweight, underpowered, inferior designed quad. Your two options are.... be roosted on or trade up!
This coming from a Raptor owner?? LOL Lets see. "Underpowered" the Raptor is a 660cc 5 valve SOHC engine. The Predator is a 499cc 4 valve DOHC engine. And it is a FACT that the Predator and Raptor are about even in a drag race. People that have actually raced FAIRLY and have a clue what they are talking about will agree that it comes down to the rider. So what is it that you 660 which has 161cc more displacement and 1 more valve cant put a whoopin on this "underpowered" quad? Now, "inferior designed". EVERYONE knows about the 01 Raptor tranny problem and how Yamaha handled it (or didn't handle it). Yes, soem of the 03 Preds had tranny trouble (no to the tune of $1000+ to fix) but at least Polaris can stand behind their product. Also, the Predator is a DOHC, as are most of the other sport quads (DS650, YFZ, Pred, Z400 and its clones). So why is Yamaha still in the old era of SOHC's? Not only that, but for the powerplant that the Raptor has, it has a very inferior frame and suspension. It is to short and too narrow. Do you consider "inferior" to be Fox shocks, PRO steering, anti squat suspension, Douglas wheels with Razor tires, extra wide stance, stainless steel brake lines, and super tough rear axel as STANDARD features?

PS. I had to go there to level the playing field.

Quick Reply: Predator the most underated 4wheeler around...