Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bars and Grips for the Pred

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bars and Grips for the Pred

Hey guys, I think my next mod is going to be a new set of bars and grips. What do you guys suggest?? I want to help eliminate arm fatigue, and lighten up the bike too. My grips(stock) suck, and they are falling off too, and turning on me. What grips do you guys suggest? I am planning on racing mx and xc, so if that matters, keep it in mind. Thanks guys. Can you give some estimate prices too.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

i use the trail tech x bars and clamp w/ spider grips looks and feels great. w/ the x bars and clamp they give you the same dimensions as stock. they look like the pro tapers.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you've got some cash to throw around heres my favorite handlebar setup. These things look awsome, and I hear they work great for Gnccs/harescrambles......Just a little on the expensive side. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ........Flexx bars

Old 07-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Brad I don't know if u read this already because this is my reply in a different post and you asked about this so I will just copy and paste it here too...

Marne was pretty good. Matt won the B class by about 20 seconds. I was in 3rd in the A class and some guy ran in to me and broke my nerf bars off and my right foot peg so i ended up in last because i had no where to put my feet so I didnt want to jump and risk breaking a foot over something like that. Doug took our lap times and said mine were fast enough to get 2nd place in the A that night. Jordan Vansyce got 1st. He is super fast. Rides a lot with nate freeze i believe. Kyle moon got 2nd. I think Rich got 3rd or 4th on his pred, Pete and Dan both finished like 5 and 6th. There were 10 guys in the A. I was a little mad but thats racing. It was awesome racing. Everyone was right on each other from about 4th place through 10th place. Doug said us 3 in front were starting to pull away a little until i got hit.

All the guys on preds besides me and dan use those hpd springs, I think they are like $300. They are triple rate springs and work really great. If u get some rezzies with them they are just as good as elkas and a lot cheaper. Dan uses elkas and I still just use the stock ones. Mine work great and I just haven't ever really wanted to mess with them much. As for the handle bars we all use emgo fat bars. They are 10 times stronger than tags and a lot cheaper. I think they are like $50-$60. They arent quite as strong as protapers but it will take a lot to bend them. We relocated all of our switches to other parts of the quad...like on the fender or right in front of the handle bars on that little plastic that sticks out. looks a lot better and i like the bars a lot better.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys......sounds great, I'll have to do some checking around for prices.

Head thanks for the info on the bars, I'll probably go with those, seems how I'll get them at Doug's. Sounds like you guys had fun at Marne, too bad about your wreck. But like you said that is racing. How come does Matt race in the B class?? I'm sure that Doug was very proud of you guys, keep up the good work with the preds. I like the HPD/rezzie setup, not too sure if I can afford them though. From what I figured, with the rezzies( I think they are 150 each) and the hpd springs(300) that would be about 600 dollars. Are the hpd springs, just springs, or do they have shocks too?? Thanks a lot head.

Old 07-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Brad, the hpd springs are just springs that u put on your fox shocks. They are triple rate 0 pre load springs just like elkas. The reason matt races B class is because he signed up for the series in B class thinking there would be someone in there who could keep up but I guess not. So he is stuck in the B class for all the series races if he wants to win the series. His lap times are fast enough to get 2nd and 3rd place in the A class though. 1st if Jordan isn't there.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool Head, thanks for all of the info......keep racin' hard!!

Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i like tags... the t2's i got on my 450 are sweet... id say get those... and of course... a set of 11$ MSR grips!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=8&ite=gri

I just picked up some Pro Grip Rally grips at lunch today, model 714.......nice and cushy.

I used to have them on a 404cc banshee, and they really were comphy and help alliviate arm pump.