Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!

You want reverse, stop askin', they gotcha covered.

You wanted a different seat, it's not only flatter, but the foam density is changed...comfy.

You wanted smooth shifting....sitting in place (engine off) you can sooo smoothly ratchet through the gears.....then once the machine is up and going, same silky smoothness (serious homework was done here! )

You wanted and LED taillight...gotcha covered. But unlike others, this is a compact slick unit which doesn't feel the need to totally cover the entire back of the machine.

You want closer 2-4 gearing ratios.....Feels more like a 4 speed with an overdrive.

You want higher revs on the CDI.....they gotcha covered, less bouncing off the rev limiter.

You want front shock rezzi's stock....on the TLD unit they're there.

You want better ergos.....steering stem raised 1".

By the way, that orange TLD plastic explodes in person!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This year, the doctorate in quadology is awarded to Polaris. Great job on the homework!

Now get your butt on over to the gate and check this unit out in person at the 50th B-day bash, cause if you're whining that you missed it.....da Polaris folks are just gonna stick a sock in that too.

P.S. Hunt down the Ehlert publishing tent(ATV Sport) and stop by and talk quads.....it's purple and black...I might be hanging around (that's if I'm not checking out the new line-up from Pure Polaris). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

thats the first ive heard of the the cdi change how much higher does it rev now?

Old 07-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Things were a bit crazy, just finished getting the Stealth Predator set up...then did some scouting. I'll find my contact tomorrow and find out. An all around well polished machine. The shock mounted rezzi's, and LED taillight almost brought me to tears....tears of joy. O.k. enough sappy stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, the orange in person is pretty slick.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

I might be getting me one. But, then next year what will they do? They are making big improvements ot this machine and taking care of comlaints. Very responsive indeed.

Old 07-24-2004, 03:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ken,
Your killing me!!! I cant even look at polaris's website anymore. I just got a 04 pred 6 months ago.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] now us 03 and 04 pred owners feel left out in the rain... What really gets me going is the close ratio tranny, i know how much that can help acceleration the twin rubber marks going all the way down my street from my mustang is proof..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info ken...

Hats off to polaris for the best sport quad money can buy!

Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 AM
Quad Patrol

I have been looking at the Predator 500 for possibly my next quad. With the new set-up, it just might cause me to lean a little heavier towards it. Sounds great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

cool

Im goin to wait till they stop making changes,,,,,,then buy one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 04:17 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Bing
cool

Im goin to wait till they stop making changes,,,,,,then buy one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Does that mean you will never buy one? Hopefully, they continue making improvements[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

Cool, thanks Ken. Keep the technical info coming, looks like Pred #3 is in the near future lol.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Modquad you didn't tell us what size engine?

Quick Reply: 05 Predator, Polaris stuck a sock in it!