Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My area has no decent dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My area has no decent dealerships...

Hello, I feel for you guys, I quit dealing with 2 local dealers for many of the same reasons you guys mentioned. The last straw was when I wanted a 2003 special edition Trail Blazer, I told the dealer I'd been dealing with that I wanted to purchase the ATV, and asked him to get one for me, after 1 week he still hadn't accomplished anything so I called a dealer some 60 miles away, they had the machine, and seemed genuinely interested in my business so I went to them and bought the bike, guys everyone was great, from the salesman, the owner, the business manager, and the parts manager. I've ended up buying 5 bikes from them in the last 18 months and couldn't be happier. as you guys know, SERVICE is the key and although I now drive an hour further than I did, I couldn't be happier..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

What sucks here is that I have a dealership about 10 minutes away, the one that I am complaining about. Then there is another one about 30 minutes away, but, they are owned by the same people, and I have had the same results. My other option is about 60 or 70 miles, I have never been there but I guess I will be trying it out.

Old 08-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealer i buy my parts from gets the parts immedietly!!! they charge a lil more than parts land but the parts come in within 3 days everytime. and wen they cant place the order they tell u wen ur gonna and then i call in 2 days to see and sometimes the parts are in so i guess im lucky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

UPDATE:

I called the dealer after getting back into town. It has now been 18 days since I ordered the parts. When i called they said that they were figuring it out "right now". So i went in after work. The guy said, we re-ordered them through another store today, they will be in here in a few days. I was like, why did you have to order through them? He kept giving me the run around until i got angry. Then he finally said why he had to order through another polaris dealer, Polaris took away their dealership rights. So they arent a polaris dealership as of a few days after I oredered stuff. Thats why it never got sent. He wouldnt give me a reason for not telling me that right off. I am glad polaris took away their rights, I am sure its b/c they werent selling enough, but i woul like to think its b.c of their poor service.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe that will give a good dealer a chance to start up shop.

Old 08-18-2004, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

in southwest iowa there is a dealership that i go to for parts. Nicholas Cycle Ive been very happy with them and even bought a couple Quads from'em. Of course now i ride a DS thay dont sell them but i can still get parts for it there. Just a few I have to go to the Bombardier dealer to get. They even try to help out with the tech. stuff for the "do it yourselfer".