Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what is the best pipe for scammy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the best pipe for scammy

what is the best slip on for the scambler 500- 04 and also the pred -- and by just using a slip on will it in crease horsepower as the pipe people clame or not,, ps by putting a slip on pipe on is it needed to re-jett these 4 -stoke quads and is re-jetting bad for the quads ???????????????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with a White Bros from Rocky Mt ATV it helped the bottom and mid range alot and with 7 discs I didnt need to rejet.But the clutch is where your biggest improvments will be found.

Old 08-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

if you get a slip on, you should prawly get a k&n too. with each exhaust improvement made, there should be an intake one as well.

but yes, clutching is where its at as fas as power goes.

X

Old 08-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had my scrammy in for a dalton clutch work kit i guesse it was mosty spring and weight work about 200$$ it has decent low end pull whelly pretty easey ,, im looking for more top end with me on is 60mph with gps and with my girlfreind gets 63mph she # 130 i # 300 maybe thats why lol? ps how fast shoul a scambler go stock with only clutch work and an k & n filter

Old 08-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

A pipe alone wont get you what you want.You really need a tach to dial the machine in after you put on a pipe and air filter.Do the pipe and filter get you a tach and call Rick Ritter and tell him what it is doing and what YOU want it to do and he will set you up.

Old 08-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

the top speeds the 2 of you are getting sounds about right.a gearing change will get you more top end,but youll loose some bottom end..

Old 08-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Go with the White Bros slip-on. Also, I know that some people on your other thread in the Performance mods section recommended taking off your airbox lid or drilling holes in it. DO NOT DO THIS!!!! The scrammy uses a CV carb and needs the vaccum to operate correctly. If you want to open up the airbox, get the HPD air box/carb mod. It will recalibrate the carb to work right with the reduced vaccum. I didn't relpy to that thread because I don't want to get into another arguement with Raptorlegs on this matter. But trust me, Don't even bother doing it.

Old 08-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Quad Patrol

BS aint you glad I sicked you on the Yammy guy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]And on the gearing with the 4x4 your stuck.You can get more RPMs with clutching resulting in more MPH.

Old 08-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

duh,it wasnt even clicking that he has a 4x4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ftwflh
BS aint you glad I sicked you on the Yammy guy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
That guy would NOT listen to reason. He doesnt seem to understand that just because it works on his Yamaha, doesnt mean that it works for ALL other machines. He was pretty much telling me I was wrong, even though I have that SAME MOTOR AND CARB and have been down that road before. Some people!!!!

Quick Reply: what is the best pipe for scammy