Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

help me see the polaris light! (ds owner)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me see the polaris light! (ds owner)

the pred has seperate brakes just like the others and the trailblazers and scramblers and such have a rear only brake on the nerf just like the others i always felt is was a better system to have them all on one lever but then again i have never had to back down a hill..go get the pred

BTW the weight on the trailblazer is like 460lbs but its all steal not that over priced not strong enough but much lighter aluminum...

Old 08-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Roost you are serious aren't you! Well I've also considered getting rid of my 00 ds for either a pred. or a 450r, and I don't think you would be dissapointed in either. My riding partner has a pred. and I think its an awsome quad. We are so even in any kind of riding one or the other has to make a mistake to get passed. He rides the living daylights out of his pred. and the only failures have been crash related. When I rode his quad it seemed a little wierd, felt small, and a little bit on the pipey side, but after getting off a ds, you ciuld understand that. with the 450r or the pred. I don't think you could go wrong. Don't be run off the 450r being kick only, I've rode 600 c.c dirt bikes all the time the only time they are a bear is when you crash, so don't crash.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

so dont carsh* lol ill keep that one in mind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i dont know im just playing with my options.... im not exactly rich being 18, no major job (just small part time stuff) i do HAVE the money to do somthing, but dont really want to do anything right now (i like having money...ya know? lol)

i just broke SOMTHING in my starter for the ds...so that will have to get taken care of either way... (im REALLY hoping that 200-300 dollar starter isnt the problem)
it just seems that i have more issues with my ds than others (which makes me want a new one...and when i look at the new ds...i figure i may as well see what else is out there)

another option i see... (not too realistic...) but say its 1k to change up quads (even though im sure its gonna be like 1500ish) i could put that 1k into my current ds... maybe a new front end? (arms/shocks?)
but knowing my luck i would do that...and BAM motor blows or somthing drastic, with a repair bill matching the aftermarket parts bill...

Old 08-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

The way I see it all the modern quads out there are good. They just take proper maintenance to keep em up and running. Sure your going to have things go wrong with whatever you buy but isnt fixing them part of the fun? Just my own opinion. I can tell you that my Predator hasnt had any problems, that wasnt easily fixable.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

i would agree with the repair statement for the most part, but it seems like i am having above average "odd" parts to fail (parts that only a handful of people have had throughout the bomb forum)

So everytime i would start it it would go clankity clank and somtimes make a loud snapping noise (but no one, including my local shops, could diagnose it) looks like i get to pull it apart to find the problem now (if its expensive, i will be even more apt to sell the thing!)