Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What changes do you think polaris will make to their lineup next year?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004 | 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default What changes do you think polaris will make to their lineup next year?

I wouldn't mind seeing that "rumor" of the Polaris "Venom" come true..........what was that a 450cc that could rev to 11,000 rpm, race ready(some what like a gas-gas, or cannondale quad)...........

Wouldn't mind seeing a new scrammy for BBS's sake.............

Old 10-29-2004 | 02:17 PM
|
Pro Rider

I bet that all the sportsman's will eventually come with EFI. I'm not sure if they will come standard, but they may offer EFI for an additional cost. Scrammy 700efi would be a beast if Polairis ever decides to build one. An overall goal for most of their lineup would be less weight,better handling,lower handlebar height, and larger gas tanks. I know that is asking a lot to make all these changes.

Old 10-29-2004 | 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Elbongo
Maddog56,
you make a good point that they are too heavy. If you lowered the weight, it would have a big impact on the performance of the 4-wheelers. One big factor in why they are so heavy is the square-tube frames. Everyone else uses round-tube frames which are a lot lighter. Using more aluminum wouldn't hurt either. Can you imagine how much quicker they would be if they took 50-70lbs off the sp's,scrambler,and magnum. This would be possible if they really put an effort in to make them lighter.

the funny thing is, for how heavy they are, they have more power than anything else, even if rated the same power output and same engine size, nothing else of the same cc can outrun it....i mean outrun it, not just pull ahead by a bike length....so you are right, if they lightened the weight, they would be monsters....only thing is, it is a utility machine....when I was pulling a ton of sand last weekend behind mine, I would rather have the heavier weight of the machine, it does exactly like I want it to....for pure trail riding, a lighter utility vehicle would be nice

Old 10-29-2004 | 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

i dont think that this would be something that polaris would put out, but i would love to see some sort of aftermarket EFI that i could put on my scrambler 500 or anything for that matter.

the seven hundred would be a nice addition to the scrambler as well. not as a parallel twin but as a v-twin. maybe a motor out of a VICTORY motorcycle? it cant be impossible!!

ever heard the sound of a v-force 700 with dual exhaust? DAMN it sounds nice. comparable to a harley.

give that sound to a sport 4x4 and you have a MONSTER!!! the 500 is already a monster, but a 700 v-twin would just kick all forms of ***.

just my 2 cents.

X

Old 10-29-2004 | 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

itd be nice if polaris dumped 50-75 lbs off the TB's. those things weigh like 460? all for a 250 2 stroke engine. and if they got rid of the square tubing that might help (damn square tubing, mine broke in different areas)

Old 10-29-2004 | 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

I hope the venom comes true.

or a light weight predator 500 efi

Old 10-29-2004 | 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Trailblazer. The only improvement I would like to see on the Trailblazer would be shaft drive with the 330 air cooled four stroke. I don't see the phoneix as a replacement. It is too small with lower supension travel.

Old 10-29-2004 | 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

no doubt that they will come out with some new plastic colors. i was just in the dealer today and saw the new TB 250 with the ORANGE plastic. it was cool.

i must admit, it did look very nice.it made me contemplate converting my scrambler 500 from black to orange.

but....... we'll see.

X

Old 10-29-2004 | 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

well, i would say, the sportsmens really must be lighter. I just don't see way they are so heavy.

Old 10-30-2004 | 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CowBoyFred
well, i would say, the sportsmens really must be lighter. I just don't see way they are so heavy.
because they way they are built....'Heavy Duty'....I want the weight on mine, when I'm hauling wood or dirt, the heavy unit comes in great and I guarantee I can keep up with any sport utility on the trails....

Quick Reply: What changes do you think polaris will make to their lineup next year?