Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What changes do you think polaris will make to their lineup next year?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004 | 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default What changes do you think polaris will make to their lineup next year?

i was in a discussion the other day with a guy, and he said polaris machines were too heavy. he told me that polaris was known for "OVER ENGINEERING" their snowmobiles, atv's, and water craft. and all i could say was,,,,,,,,,, thats bad because why????!!!!!!

he said, they are slow and heavy, why would any one want to own something like that?

i said, they are built to take the punishment, they are BAD *** machines, and we argued for a bit.

then he took my scrambler 500 for a spin. i could see him smiling.

nothing but silence from him, the discussion was pretty much over.

to me, thats a good thing.

X

Old 10-30-2004 | 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

i like to say lets run them into each other and then we will see why the polaris weighs so much...why does anyone care how fast there utility quad will go they all go fast enough to kill you..but after your dead the sportsman wont cost as much for your family to have rebuilt as the others[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i hope they never change..

Old 10-30-2004 | 09:38 PM
Range Rover

how about better reliability, wouldnt that be nice?

Old 10-30-2004 | 10:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

did we ask you to come and bash the reliability of polaris?
i would rather have my 500ho then any other quad! so let it be ritten, so let it be done!

Old 10-30-2004 | 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

Aren't the Honda ES quads having a few problems with their tranny's. You should get a more reliable honda.

Old 10-31-2004 | 01:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Krank
Aren't the Honda ES quads having a few problems with their tranny's. You should get a more reliable honda.
No, they arent. Nothing really widespread, just a couple hundred cases in a production run of tens of thousands since the ES system in on every honda atv from the recon 250 to the rincon 650. How many belt problems does polaris, kawasaki, suzuki, or yamaha have?

BTW, you will care how much a utility atv weighs when you are trying to tow them or have one roll over on you.

Old 10-31-2004 | 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Yeh, you have to watch out, roll overs happen all the time. Gimmie a break, how many post have you heard of a utility rolling on someone, maybe a couple. Even tho, 600 or 700 lbs it's still going to take a couple of people to pick it up. I look at my KQ and you can see why it's lighter. If I took any front hit, I would have some serious damage. There is not much protection on my KQ in the rear either. My muffler sticks out farther then my frame. So if someone hit me in the rear, my exhaust would get hit first. On the SP the front and rear have very good protection stock. I have to buy bumpers to save my investment. I have cheesey skids plates, Polaris has steel. So if you put bumpers, skids, and tires and wheels to match the Sportsman line, my KQ would not be much lighter. Heck theres 65lbs difference just in tires and rims. And what's the first thing BF and KQ owners do, buy new tires and rims. But whats really funny, they still think there atv still weighs the same. Just adding 25" Bighorns on C-Series added 54lbs the the KQ. Just think how much 26" or 27" tires would add. But if you put the same 25" Bighorns on the Sportsman, it would loose 11lbs. Something to think about.

Old 10-31-2004 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Please don't take the weight and steel protection off my Sportsman. I love the fact they are heavy - it makes for great traction, better for plowing snow, better for pulling / towing, etc. If you want a light Sportsman take a cutting torch to it when you bring it home and take off all the extras. The Trail Blazer, Trail Boss, and Scramber are a different story though, they could take some weight off those and I think that would be great.

Old 11-01-2004 | 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

the tb250 would be nice if it dumped like 60 lbs off it, 461 is to much for a 250 2 stroke