Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Uni-filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uni-filter

I put the windshield on, have a helmet for the winter, but still need to install the heated Cycle Country grips. Need some slow setting expoxy to install the new grips. Need to also get the .17 out, make sure it is still on target. Can cover alot of ground on the ATV, but cold as hell during the winter. Can make more setups and much easier access on the ATV. I have an Otter Outdoors Super Express trailer, can throw the dogs in there when pelts are prime. Mostly I just shoot them though, save some pelts if they are worth it. Fur prices have been up, but haven't looked at it much lately. I wanted to get a Coyote comforter made for the bed.

Called in a grey fox that I spotted this elk season. They are so funny, once you get them in, can't get them to leave. Last winter I called in a big Bobcat in early season, but i didn't shoot it because the pelt wasn't prime. The cat actually walked about 70 yards across an open field, not normal for Bobcats. Then he snuck up behind me and looked over a hill and tree branch at me. I had the crosshairs right between his eyes, I knew where he was going to show up.

Called in a bear a couple of years ago also, wasn't ready for that. I saw brown (bear was brown colored), I thought it was an elk coming, then at about 30 yards in the thick timber, I realized it was a bear, hauling *** at me. I stopped calling, it started circling me. I was hunting bear, had the bow with me, also had my S&W model 29 .44 Mag. Didn't get a good shot with the bow, could have taken with the pistol, but was trying to get the shot with the bow when it finally winded me. Don't know that I could have held steady, was still shaking from when it first came in...lol.

Old 11-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uni-filter

I ride my ATV while calling too, but I rough it. No windscreen, no heaters. Don't want to get too comforatble. The trailer would be damn handy and I've been meaning to build one for a while but haven't got around to it. Have an axle off one of my old Honda ATCs that I was planning on using.

I have not personally called in a bobcat since I was in Alaska (and technically it was a Lynx), but I've been hearing of more guys doing it last few years. They were damn scarce when I was a youngster because of the hide value.