Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy

To all these killer predators, why not go to four stroke wars? I beat pretty much everyone I ride with, but it's just because I put more work into my quad than they did.. Or Sandfest, or ATPN.. Step up to the big boys.. I already know how bad I would get beat if I tried..

Old 12-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 01ds650
Tell you a funny story....
My two friends (yes I do have some) & I go riding. We meet a couple of guys my one friend knows. They both ride Raptors, I mean craptors, no no Raptors it was. Anyway the one guy out of no where asks to race my friends Scrambler 500. Kind of like taking candy from a baby really. The 660 easily wins. He then tells my friend what a piece of junk the Polaris was, why did he buy THAT. etc etc. So he asked to race me. Well the DS is no baby....more of a toddler really.... So after I win (arms raised in victory) he (less than 2 minutes after making fun of my friend) tells me how I won because his Yamaha needs a new clutch & 3rd gear is going out & that's why I won.
I swear Raptors owners must be Cryami Hurricane fans too.
My friend wasn't bummed though, if he wanted to beat Raptors he could always trade in his Scrambler on a Predator.
You are telling me all your information and bias comes from a race against one whiney person? They would have whined and had the same excuse no matter what brand atv they rode.

While you may find many people like that on these forums, you cant judge all by that mark. There are many times the number of raptors than ds's, predators, and pretty much all other big bores. There are bound to be more people like that. When you have the sense to separate riders from machines, and whining from truth, then we can talk.

Old 12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

I see all the Yamaha riders on here. I think most are 15 year old kids. There is certainly a sterotype when it comes to Yamaha riders. In fact look at Yamaha's Raptor ads, they are marketed that way.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

I feel alot of anger in 01ds650 I don't think he has wriiten anything that isn't putting somebodys quad down but Iwould be hostle to if rode a ds650. I hope your Dodge is 3/4 ton to carry that heavy thing

Old 12-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do you guys even remember what you are arguing about any more???

Old 12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

It all started because of this quote.
01s are a **** load faster in reverse than the news one...and dont ask me why cuz i have no idea
to which I replied,
because 01s use reverse off the second gear instead of 1st gear. That's why there were so many burnt clutches.
After that all these Raptor owners fought their way through waste high blown off carb boots, bent axles, burnt clutches, broken tansmissions etc to make it to their computer where they decided to defend their purchase & many repairs...

I for one would not a hack a quad for it's weight if I rode a Raptor. Those pretty blue 01 frames do look nice, in a very bendable kind of way.

If the DS is so heavy & has a smaller motor than a Raptor, yet is faster then what does that say about the R&D at Yamaha?
What about a heavier Predator outrunning 660's? Anything is possible, it's only a big deal because of Yamaha's own stance on the Raptor.

I remember reading these forums 5 years back when it was all how Polaris was junk, my how things have changed. Now Yamaha is producing the most amount of junk & Polaris is riding higher than ever.

I feel alot of anger in 01ds650 I don't think he has wriiten anything that isn't putting somebodys quad down but Iwould be hostle to if rode a ds650. I hope your Dodge is 3/4 ton to carry that heavy thing
No anger at all, just the truth. If I owned a Raptor I'd put my own quad down.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer

The ds is only faster in top end I have yet to see a ds hang with a raptor in stock form in a 300ft drag. theres one thing I like about you do drive a dodge

Old 12-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have yet to see a ds hang with a raptor in stock form in a 300ft drag
You must joking. Have you ever seen a DS in real life?

As far as the Dodge, it's OK. The 5.9 is underpowered (4:10 gears help) & uses too much gas & 46RE's are pure crap. The 5.9 Cummins is the motor, too bad it's connected to 47 & 48 RE's. Why can't Dodge get it right? Just like their overhyped Hemi.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

I own a landscape company and I pull all my trailor with a hemi and love it. Ihad two cummis and liked them to just figure I try the hemi and like it better as for the ds Iride at rausch creek and only seen 3ds there out of the 4yrs ive been riding there. you were saying that the ds has a smaller motor then why do the 450s beat ds. No tranny problems on any of my dodges

Old 12-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

01ds650 now you are jsut bashing on yamaha, I firts of all I'm one of the persons who is not 15 and didn't get hurt about yall talking crap about the raptor, but now you got to the point were yamaha is now producing pure junk??? What? Take a look at the YFZ, since you said that the ds is smaller in diplacement than the raptor, look at that thing, it's a 450, and keeping up, and this machine is one of the yamaha junk right? Also take a look at the banshee, it may not be the best quad, but this quad could be modded to the extreme and smoke you. And maybe the raptor is junk, but keep it to yourself because I sure don't like the bombardier DS and I'm keeping my mouth shut!

Quick Reply: To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy