Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy

The Dish DVR is a very good unit, albeit not as good as the Tivo. I have no major complaints with it.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what model do you have? I am getting the 522.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

I just installed that set up at my bros house...so far so good..
im about to move out there so im really dreading geting rid of my cable i have 2
dvr boxes plus all the premiums and all there on demands.. does dish offer on demand???
im not talking about the pay per view i mean the hbo on demand where i can watch all the movies for free when i want?? plus im going to have to give up road runner high speed internet..i get all of it for $99.00 a month, hurts to loose it..

Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM
EAB
Pro Rider

I've got the dish network with the DVR, I love it, I dont think I could live without it anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Wait, what did he say? back it up. Only now I dont pay attention as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].

I've never used the Tivo, whats beter about it?

Old 12-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Jay, neither Direct or Dish currently offer VOD, however I see they both talk of it in the future. I can't imagine missing cable!
Who do you have for that?

The Tivo is the Alpha male of the DVR's. The Dish DVR I'm getting is a dual output, meaning it using a second UHF remote that will go through walls, floors etc to control a TV. One box controls two seperate TV's. Either can record & either can watch what the other records.
Tivo does not have a dual output (just input). It can record two programs at once or watch one & record another, just like the Dish DVR, but it only outputs to one TV.
The things that set the Tivo apart are the reliability is better than Dish. Remember a DVR is a hardrive, so there will be issues...
The Tivo features namebased recording instead of timer based. Meaning you can type in ATVSport TV & it will find it whenever it's on & tape it, even 6 months from now. It also features season pass, that will tape every new show of ATVSport, but will skip the reruns. It also remembers your viewing habits. If you like ATVSport it "might" just record ATVTV for you on it's own!!!! The bad thing is Tivo downloads your viewing habits & tells advertisers !!! Meaning junk mail! Plus Direct only charges $4.99 per Tivo account. But you must buy the reciever. Dish charges $4.99 per DVR reciever but you lease them instead of buying them.
The Dish DVR is 100 hours with a 60 minute buffer, the base directivo is a 30 minute buffer & 35 hours of recording. However other Tivos are bigger. And there are Tivo "hackers" who switch harddrives up to 300 hours & add caller id to the reciever, ala Dish & my Direct recievers now. Caller id on the TV is the bomb.

Tivo also sells stand alone units that you can attach to just regular cable. Though I believe their fee is $12.99 a month. Plus some record off air programs , meaning an old style antenna can be recorded with Tivo.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

i got time warner right now and just love it great customer support never goes out plus all that vod..
not to mention road runner its the fastest internet service i have ever seen in a house...

Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

WT....F........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Ernie, you have both a raptor and a predator. Feel like chiming in on the original topic?

Old 12-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Range Rover

" 01Ds650" wrote
remember reading these forums 5 years back when it was all how Polaris was junk, my how things have changed. Now Yamaha is producing the most amount of junk & Polaris is riding higher than ever.

Hey buddy I dont like to talk smack about anybodys ride because we are all off roaders and it doesnt really matter what you ride as long as you ride. However I am sick of listening to you bash the Raptor when you ride the heaviest, ugliest piece of crap currently on the market! A Ds650??? Give me a break. Out at the dunes in California Gordon's Well and Glamis you RARELY see a Ds650 because they suck a$$. I am not saying raptors are the best quad around, but I will say they are a damn good quad and a hell of a lot better than a Bombardier! I will be the first to admit that stock the raptor leaves a little to be desired but once you put a pipe on it they are really nice. Anyway I know this is a Polaris forum and I dont have anything bad to say about the Predator cause I have beat a few but I have also lost to a Few. But as for Mr. 01Ds650 you, your quad, and definitly your DODGE suck!

Old 12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey buddy I dont like to talk smack about anybodys ride because we are all off roaders and it doesnt really matter what you ride as long as you ride. However I am sick of listening to you bash the Raptor when you ride the heaviest, ugliest piece of crap currently on the market! A Ds650??? Give me a break. Out at the dunes in California Gordon's Well and Glamis you RARELY see a Ds650 because they suck a$$. I am not saying raptors are the best quad around, but I will say they are a damn good quad and a hell of a lot better than a Bombardier! I will be the first to admit that stock the raptor leaves a little to be desired but once you put a pipe on it they are really nice. Anyway I know this is a Polaris forum and I dont have anything bad to say about the Predator cause I have beat a few but I have also lost to a Few. But as for Mr. 01Ds650 you, your quad, and definitly your DODGE suck!
Children never let anyone tell you that illegal substances won't harm you. This is a perfect example of a fine young mind ruined by drugs, alcohol & downloading[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].

Quick Reply: To all those preddy riders that want to know if it beats a rappy