Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: ATVtech1
Originally posted by: elkbow
Originally posted by: Daranello75
Sh^t, i started all this and nobody answerd the question. All i hear is excuses. Listen i've been riding Polaris Snowmachines for over 10 years now, and guess what, in the early 90's they were not the heavyest, they were the lightest, and guess what, they didnt break down. So all this bullSh8t about they make it heavy to last, is garbage.
lol....but you don't own one now, you owned an early 90's one, I'm on my 3rd polaris without a problem....the only other machine i've owned with no problems was a honda fourtrax 300....my yamaha's and kawasaki's all broke....were they bad machines, nope...i expected something to break eventually, they were good machines also....

but you don't own one now, so how can you bring your piddly little *** here in this forum and ask a dumbass question like that....as you can tell, i've about had enough....so get the f..k out of here before i whup your *** from here until the end of the earth you little piece of $hit.....damn that was fun....now I just have to clean the blood off my knuckles....i'll use your panties and bra to clean them up....lol....

gotta love it....lets go riding sometime...

Sir, you have got some serious issues... you cannot write something like that and expect people to take you seriously. You need to enroll in an anger management program before you hurt yourself, or more importantly, before you hurt others.

Bragging about your carelessness when riding motorcycles also doesn't help your cause. You may think that getting 3 careless driving tickets in 3 months makes you special, but it doesn't. Getting pulled over for riding wheelies doesn't make you special either. One day you will seriously injure someone, or worse, you will kill someone with your wreckless driving. I can only imagine how you drive your ATV around others. If I lived near you, I would report you to the police and have them tail you everytime you get on your motorcycle or ATV. Boy, some people have to ruin everything for others; no wonder ATV's get such a bad rap. Grow up.
i do not think elkbow is actually bragging just telling the facts about what goes on... he is living life and your not gonna kill someone rididng wheelies on a motorcyle unless its YOU! now if u cant handle that he is in his 40s and still riding with the soul of a teenage then dont worry about it.. im just like elkbow i go ***** to the walls.. and if u were the kind of person who would report him, your just like my neighbor... old and cranky doesnt like anything to do with anything... that is the other 50% of why the atv sport is going down the crapper because people complain to much, 25% yes is beacuse we ride recklessly and the other 25% is tresspassing..

Old 11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
yaK
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I think MUDDYFORLIFE made up ATVtech1 so he could have someone on his side[I think he is lonely !]

Old 11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

And I think YAK is full of BS!

Old 11-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I think thats just funny as hell...LMAO....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: elkbow
Originally posted by: Daranello75Sh^t, i started all this and nobody answered the question. All i hear is excuses. Listen i've been riding Polaris snowmobiles for over 10 years now, and guess what, in the early 90's they were not the heaviest, they were the lightest, and guess what, they didn't break down. So all this bullSh8t about they make it heavy to last, is garbage.
lol....but you don't own one now, you owned an early 90's one, I'm on my 3rd polaris without a problem....the only other machine i've owned with no problems was a honda fourtrax 300....my yamaha's and kawasaki's all broke....were they bad machines, nope...i expected something to break eventually, they were good machines also....but you don't own one now, so how can you bring your piddly little *** here in this forum and ask a dumbass question like that....as you can tell, i've about had enough....so get the f..k out of here before i whup your *** from here until the end of the earth you little piece of $hit.....damn that was fun....now I just have to clean the blood off my knuckles....i'll use your panties and bra to clean them up....lol....gotta love it....lets go riding sometime...
Ok tough guy! for your information I still have a Polaris Snowmobile, I never said polaris was sh^t or that I didn't like them, all I said was "why are they so heavy" and to say that one manufactures has less problems than the other is just plain garbage, because guess what, they all break!

Now you say "look at how big and strong the parts are" but think about it, if they didn't have to support 30% more, the parts could be smaller and the overall weight would be less. Lets face facts here, weight is not a good thing. Just try to think, how amazing your SP700 would be with 150 pounds less! It would fly

Example say that your SP is putting out, 42HP's and the bike weights 770lbs, that means your power to weight ratio is 18.3. pounds per HP
now if it weight 600lbs, your power to weight ratio would be 14.3 pounds per HP.........30% better power to weight ratio!!!!!!! Now were talking!!!

Old 11-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

DARANELLO,
I think thats the same point I was trying to make too.There is no need to make an ATV so damn heavy,especially when those heavy parts dont add to the longivity of the ATV or its beefier parts.

But some folks dont mind the extra 170lbs or so that a Polaris weighs over the competetion of the similier engine size.I could really feel the extra 170 lbs on the trail with my 500cc Sportsman vs the Honda Rincon,and the extra weight is something I dont personally desire for my type of riding.

Others?It may not hinder their riding experience at all!

Old 11-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I am slightly big boned. ha ha
to be honest, yes I am over weight but not so big my 700 EFI won't take off from a stop. I am at 175lbs, 5'10"

Old 11-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!
Default Are you Fat?

So let me see if I understand what everybody is saying...If Honda adds 120 lbs to there quads then it will be as reliable as a Polaris? Wow! Thats got to be easy to do. They can use some nice heavy cast steel. Awesome!

Old 11-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I think if you look at what everyone is saying, it comes down to them saying that if you were to put a polaris next to another "lighter" brand/model you would see why the polaris brand/models are heavier. they have heavier duty parts, thicker larger axles, thicker steel, steel rims as opposed to stamped aluminum, etc. if you start comparing you will see the small things that make a polaris wheigh more. and yes if polaris wheighed less they could lift the front end up with less effort.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Daranello75, i find it kinda funny you keep making such a big deal about Polaris's weight concidering you own a.....drum roll.....HUMMER! LOL!

can you say "most hated vehicle in America" or "vehicle of mass consumption".

GM and their dealers have invested many millions and the franchise has been a complete flop!

i just find it funny that you are talking about "how amazing your SP700 would be with 150 pounds less" when you drive a 8000lb pig SUV! LOL!

just an observation.