Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My New '05 Pred TLD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New '05 Pred TLD!!!!

Hey guys. I picked up my ’05 Pred TLD the weekend before Thanksgiving and I have been having a blast ever since. Couple of things I noticed……. She is quick! So quick in fact that when dragging, I will hit the rev limiter a lot quicker than what I am used to. I will hit the throttle at the line and “BAM”, it is time to shift up. I guess it will take time for me find the right shift points to squeeze out the right power. I am having some minor front end noise. Nothing major but I will ride it more and if it does not go away after a few more rides then I will bring it into the shop and have them look at it. All around, a great quad. Starts right up and shifts great. I changed the oil after the first hour and then again after 3 hours. I think that I will start using Mobil 1 0w-30 the next time I change the oil. People were telling me to ride it hard and others were saying to baby it during break-in. I did a little of both so I think she will be ok in the long run.

Only thing I did not like was the dealer where I purchased it from. They sell everything at MSRP and will not cut you a break for anything. I came back a few days later to get a couple of oil filters and they would not cut the price down for me. I had a $100 coupon for any accessory and I still had to pay full price for the WB pipe that I ordered (was not in stock). They did not have a helmet for me, even though I picked out the one off of their web site, so I ended up riding a few times without one until I went to the bike shop across town (I know, it was a bad thing to do but I could not resist). I even told my salesperson about the poor service and his attitude was “Not my problem. I sold you the bike so I done my job.” Ok buddy, I won’t recommend your shop and you won’t see me back here again so have a nice day.

The only thing I will do to it is put the pipe on it, a set of nerf bars and some skid plates and a K&N filter and she will be good to go

Old 11-29-2004, 11:07 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Great to hear....I love my Pred also. I hate to hear about your dealer being a Jerk. That sucks, i'm glad my dealer is so cool. He gave me my Pure Polaris pipe for free, and I got a great deal on the Pred.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

maybe if you let the Polaris folks about the service you received from said dealer and that you are very disappointed and worried about future service from the dealer they will be able to at least send you to a reputable dealer

Old 11-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

He gave me my Pure Polaris pipe for free, and I got a great deal on the Pred.
I am envious of you. After my $100 off, I still had to pay $200 for the pipe.

maybe if you let the Polaris folks about the service you received from said dealer and that you are very disappointed and worried about future service from the dealer they will be able to at least send you to a reputable dealer
I thought about that but really, I was just wanting them to cut me a deal for a "pontential" repeat customer. I am not sure if Polaris would do anything because a dealer didn't cut into their profits.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on the TLD, wouldn't mind having one, but would probably get hurt as the older i get the easier I break...

on break-in, don't listen to anyone that tells you to 'break it in like you are going to ride it', thats Bull$hit.....take it easy breaking it in.....you shouldn't ride high RPMs for any length, the breakin on most ATV's is 10 hours...I know that sounds like a long time and its hard not to get on a machine like that, but you will last much longer is you give the rings a chance to seat and other parts to wear in slowly.....

i know, i roadraced motorcycles and we were always rebuilding and we had a set breakin period...a series of heat-up, cool-down, heat-up, cool-down....but very low rpms....just giving a chance for everything to break-in...

the oil changes are a good thing to do.....i changed my 700 EFI at 100 miles, road easy those miles also....i took it easy for about 9.5 hours, then lit it up....

Old 11-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oil change on pred = 1 hr.........7 or 8hrs...........then every 10 hrs

Old 11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

il change on pred = 1 hr.........7 or 8hrs...........then every 10 hrs
How do you feel about synthetic oils? I wanted to make sure it was fully broken in before I started using it. I read articles that say you shouldn’t use it because of the wet clutch and then I heard that you can. I guess everyone has a different opinion on it

Old 11-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You should be using a fully synthetic oil...........from polaris it is called ps4...........you can get similar stuff from amsoil and other brands too......

Old 11-30-2004, 12:12 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I use Mobil 1 full syn. oil...it'd for motor cycles. I know it's $6.99 a quart.