Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my own trail heaven

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my own trail heaven

i am moving to indiana next month so while i was out there today i went and talked to the local polaris dealer they had an awsome showroom and even let me test ride the sportsman 800 "wow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]" but the salesman tells me that where im going to be moving that there is a trail that runs from arond there to lawrenceburg about 27 miles away. so later on i meet up with the contractor who is building my house and he says yea i know about it you just jump in that old creek bed there and head down so it turns out there is a huge trail system about 40 yards from my new house....

Old 12-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

sweeet....

Old 12-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the club i got trails running from my shed door!!! but i dont got more than 4 miles of trails

Old 12-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

i cant wait right now i live on a 1/3 acre lot in a subdivision surounded by city so it will be a nice switch...

Old 12-04-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

ya well i live in a town thats becoming a city and i live in the "goonies" as my friends say and they call me a hick cuz i live in the part of my town thats all woods but i love it screw them and i go to skool near boston so all my friends are them city boys

Old 12-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

better a hick than what all the kids around here are becoming...my son is a big reason im moving cincinnati is becoming such a slum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]...

Old 12-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

ya but then again being in the city is just as bad as being in the goonies the more isolated u are the more things u gotta find to occupy ur time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] and i no that being almost 16

Old 12-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Country is the way to live. I live in a small town in the country with some land and a few trails. Keeps me occupied. Its nice cause we got Lawrence KS 7 miles to our west, and KC 25 miles east of us. I don't get bored often but its nice to go to the city and mess with the city people, hahaha.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:37 AM

'tbsleeper'.........I can assure you that Wakefield is definately NOT the "goonies"!!! LOL

I used to live in Western, Pa for a number of years........To people around here (Eastern Mass.) that would definately be the "goonies".......but to the folks in Western Pa you're not in the "goonies" until you're in the mountains of West Virginia.......then, I will agree, you most definately are in the deep, deep "goonies". LOL..........funny, I always thought it was the "Boonies"........oh well.

I actually loved living in rural America.......the "Heartland".......so to speak. I currently live in a community that still has some working farms about 30 miles south of Boston.......but really it would have to be considered a suburban town simply because of population.........although 'tbsleeper' it is probably the "goonies" compared to Wakefield.

I've been finding some good trail networks locally which is encouraging....but I need to trailer my quad to get to them. A good friend who lives about 10 miles from me has a wonderful trail network that he picks up right from his back yard........sweet. I usually go over there once a week and a bunch of us head out for our weekly night ride..........love riding at night.

Bob

Old 12-05-2004, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

LOL I understand the whole boonies / goonies thing... I live only about 20 miles south of Pittsburgh and work in town and co workers always say I live in the boonies.... It's funny since they all live north of the city and I'm south, they have no idea what is south of the city... They are missing out on the some what open country!!!

Quick Reply: my own trail heaven