Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750

ok I dont know what has been said, and I personnally have never driven either, but here are my ideas.

Speed the BF with will, because it is lighter....trails, it all depends on what kind of trails you ride I guess. Mud, would be a close call, the true 4x4 of the polaris gives it an advantage, but the BF has more power to spin the bigger tires fast so the tires will stay cleaner and pull it out more. Work goes towards the polaris, because it has the added weight to it. Hills I would have to give to the BF because, well idk y but I do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

all around...is a tuffy....there are things to like about the polaris, and things to like about the BF...its your choice

ohh and I didnt read all the posts previouse to this so if I repeated something, I am sorry.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

Another thing you can't work with the BF because it doesn't come with a hitch. What kind of a utility is that? About like the Honda Rincon not coming with low range. The Polaris's brakes also apply pressure accordingly. If you'll notice on a hill the back ones will hardly ever lock up if you are backing down it. 2nd if you know how to ride you'll learn to feather the gas going down hill and it will never get scary with ya on the braking part. I can't see where the weight has ever made a difference on how either of those atvs handle on the trails. Especially for the size of those 2 atvs.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Wolverine you are right in 1987 Suzuki had the first IRS machine . Polaris had thier first in 1996 on thier sportsman. you all can find this on RONNIES micro fische site. To Backin" who said you were anti polaris , all people have thier opinions , I just dont feel comfortable on a polaris, and know many people that sold thiers or traded them in and said they needed to make a better quad before they would buy another one. That also was one reason why I never owned one . If my reaserch was correct Polaris may have liked what they seen on the Suz. and tweeked the suspension to thier liking. I didnt think you were making it an ethnic issue , when you were saying Jap this and Jap that and COPIED polaris , well as Wolv. said they all copy each other in one way or another .One will refine on the others idea. OGGYD

Old 01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JAMIEZ71
Another thing you can't work with the BF because it doesn't come with a hitch. .
ahhh yes..the hitch...our magnum didnt come with a hitch either, nor did my bomb

Old 01-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

.... i had a king and it's not the same or even close to polarises idea! and if any of you have a king quad look in the manul and look up suspention! then you will see what it ses!

Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a praire 360 and i just chedked out the brute force 750... if it is anything like my praire then yeah all 4 wheels WILL turn if the front diff is locked...

people who say it wont are lying

oh and you can lock the front diff on the fly!

Ken

Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

ok, the brute force will be better for the more agressive riders, but the riders that want the pure utility should go with a sportsman.

as for the ebs on a polaris, my scrambler doesnt have any engine breaking. i used to ride a kodiak, which had 4wd engine breaking. to tell you the truth, i dont miss it at all. the 4 wheel brakes on the scrambler (more like front brakes due to the fact rear brakes suck on it) stop me just fine.

in

Old 01-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 700polaris
hey just curious isnt polaris the only quad to be built with steel skidplates just a ? what do you guys think about the k&n filter for the 700 sportsman
i put a k&n air filter on a carb 700.... to be honest.. didn't notice any difference..

Old 01-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

If you hit the parking brake on your car while going down the road the rear end would spin out and you would lose control, wouldn't it? (Do to only the rear brakes being applied.)

Do Jeeps use only rear wheel engine braking?

With those thoughts in mind, one would think it makes sense to have 4 wheel engine braking on steep descents. You cannot deny that. Imagine a full sized vehicle going downhill with only rear brakes...that would be ungood.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But I guess the guys that ride the Polaris EBS have gotten used to it. I have always been a die hard Polaris fan...I guess not anymore now that I got my BF650. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Putting brand loyalty, bias, and any other grudge aside, you have to agree that if you have an engine braking system on a four wheel drive vehicle, it only makes sense that all four wheels (or at least 3 1/2 for that matter) are working together to slow the vehicle down on steep descents. Ask any physics professor, I think they'll agree.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

Dont' you just love the people that can give a review on a particular machine never rode it. WTF.

I guess people talk just to talk.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750