Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need help picking upgrades for my scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking upgrades for my scrambler

I am looking for more power in the low to mid range area. I do a lot of aggressive trail riding, hill climbing and mudding. I have been considering the package that Aaen performance (aaenperformance.com) is offering. The Megaphone muffler, TMX carburator, and maybe a cam swap. Has anyone dealt with them or used there products.

Few questions I have:
1 how loud is the exhaust
2 is the carb worth the money
3 What problems will the cam create, hard starting, valve train failure etc

Old 01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

1. Never heard their exhaust before. The White Bros E-Series is a way more popular exhaust though for the scrammy guys that run slip-ons.

2. From what I have heard......NO. I believe that it does not have an accelerator pump, so it tends to hesitate if you go from idle to WOT. You may want to look into swapping a carb from a Predator on it. I may be giving this a try eventually

3. I believe that the Aaen cam has the same specs as the WEB cam but about $100 more. If I am not mistaken, both cams do away withthe decompression release. Which will make pull starting it a PINA

Old 01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a guy that rides with us that has a Aaen slipon and it is unbearably loud.Now they say if you get one with the spark arrestor it isnt too bad.I would go with another slipon like WB or FMF.As for the cam I wouldnt do that first I would get the TEAM roller secondary and you will think you have a new quad.

Old 01-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Question for BigBadScramber...

How hard was it to install your HPD Chain Tensioner.... I have an '01 Scammy and I am thinking that would be a good thing to have... along with some other things.. Possible to take a few pictures of it? Thanks

Old 01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oakley1995us
Question for BigBadScramber...

How hard was it to install your HPD Chain Tensioner.... I have an '01 Scammy and I am thinking that would be a good thing to have... along with some other things.. Possible to take a few pictures of it? Thanks
The chain tensionor is a is GREAT thing to have, even if you dont jump much. It wasnt very hard to install. Just a matter of lining it up in the right spot, drilling and tapping 2 holes (the HPD kit comes with the drill bit AND tap!) and bolting it on. I have some closeup pics of it installed. PM me your email addy and I will sent them your way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW, Welcome to the forums ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]