Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone have this: "Polaris rear molded basket"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have this: "Polaris rear molded basket"

I'm trying to find out if the Polaris rear molded basket "Plastic one" is large enough to put two 5 gallon buckets in it. I called several dealers and they don't have one in stock and the discription just says 11 gallon capacity. All of the dealers said they will order on but if I don't buy it they will charge me a 30% restocking fee. I also called Polaris and after 30 min on hold they told me to contact the dealer because they know more about those products. They could not tell me if it will hold 5 gallon buckets. I really don't want to pay $39.00 just to look at the basket. The rear Polaris metal rack fits two 5 gallon buckets, but one of my friends has one and it has rust on every scratch and it rattles really bad.

Thanks for any help you can give...

Old 01-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Range Rover

Check out the Kolpin Bucket Hugger ATV Storage Tray at Bass Pro Shops. -$69.99

Old 01-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

I already had the bucket hugger and it was of very poor quality so I sent it back. Thanks for the input.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

I can't believe no one has the polaris molded rear basket. Is my post that boring? Oh well, thanks anyway. Is anyone having the same trouble my friend is having with the metal basket, rust and rattling etc...

Old 01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

Just a little update on the rear molded poly basket made by polaris. My dealer called me and said he got one in. I went down and looked at it. It was perfect. Not only did it fit the two 5 gallon buckets but the quality is top notch. It even has POLARIS aross the back. It was made for the rear rack of the Polaris ATV. I bought that thing as fast as I could. It's just as large as the metal one but won't rust, dent or rattle. It looks like it came on the ATV from the factory. If I have any problems with it I'll let you guys know.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Range Rover

That's cool, redmtn. I've also found that the Polaris accessories seem to be the best quality. I was recently looking for a front fender bag for my new Sportsman. I ordered one from a catalog that shall remain nameless, and it was a real cheap POS. Didn't even fit on my fender. I sent it back and paid a few extra bucks for the Polaris one. Not only is it a perfect fit, but the configuation and quality of construction are awesome. Plus I got the camo version which matches my machine. Some of the genuine Polaris accessories are a little pricey when compared to some of the aftermarket stuff out there, but I guess it's just another case of "you get what you pay for".
-Steve