Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Carlisle Tire company is Good

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carlisle Tire company is Good

Thanks to the tip from fellow forum member jimmypsp700.

I called Carlisle and told them that my 2 rear tires were badly out of round on the Sportsman. They are sending me two new ones. This is nice.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Range Rover

Not to say that they wont,and I hope that they do you right.................. but I work for a large tire co that use to deal alot with carlisle,but it seams like the last year or so its been real hard to get anything from them

Old 01-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Good deal Jeff....I have the ITP 589's and Mud Lites, as you know, they all suck, out-of-round and ITP won't help crap....they finally said in the last email that I could send them back to them and they would look at them....they basically told me that the bigger tires (these are 27's) have large lugs and its typical for them to cause the front end to wobble some.....the rears seem fine, but when we had them on the spin balancer, the spun like crap...

I can't imagine taking 8 tires and wheels to UPS and shipping them back to ITP....but they are annoying as hell...

Old 01-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Are those tires out of round when you saw them spin on the spin balancer or in the air on your quad? If so, I'd request them to pay the shipping. Carlisle is paying the shipping both ways. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. I didn't have to plead or be demanding at all.

I've been using these tires in the snow for the last week and I have to say that I'm very impressed. Or maybe it's just the sportsman. This thing drives awesome. The extra weight of the sportsman really helps with the traction.

I have to say though that the 4x4 still engages constantly when I'm driving, even though the switch is off. I'll have to figure it out soon.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff,
They spin like hell when sitting on the spin balancer, the easiest way to look since the balancer does not move. I can't feel any movement in the rear....hopping movement like you had, when driving, the front end just wobbles....thats why I was surprised to hear that you could feel the rear end moving, they must be really screwed up...my PXT's ride perfectly....

I'm currently looking for a steering stabilizer/dampener for the front end of the polaris....i don't want to make the steering much harder, which will be multiplied when in 4wd...but I need a dampener that has the length of travel I need....

I know of several of them out there, I just have to machine the mounts....

dave

Old 01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I have had pretty good luck with my carlisle badlands as far as flats/punctures go but when I ride on the trails I can feel the quad shimmy like the tires are out of round or something. should I call carlisle and ask them for replacements and if so do they need the old tires back. so if they replace them I have to get them mounted or do they reimburse you for that.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

The guy that gave me the tip had the badlands and they replaced them. They want the old tires back. Call them up and see what they say.