Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front end wobble...info/update

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end wobble...info/update

I had originally posted about front end wobble with larger mud/snow tires. I know my tires spin like hell on the spin balancer...but I found out today that stiffening the rear end causes alittle more pressure on the front end, hence less wobble.

I had it at 60+mph today and there was no wobble. The mud/snow tires seem to float more than the stock PXTs did. Which makes it less stable on the front end....feels like it is just floating along. The rear end is pretty stiff now, but doesn't seem to be much of a disadvantage on the trail. I've been testing the sway bar disconnect today (another thread on it) and trying to find quail. I found quail, but damn its hard hunting those things without a dog.

Anyone else tighten up the rear end to see what it does on their front end wobble with the larger tires?

I also found out today that the Mudlites handle alittle better at high speeds. I had the 589's on today, both are 27", and the 589s are just slightly less stable. Now I'm going to have to put the Mud Lites back on and see how they handle with the stiffer rear end....

ah well....I only got one quail today, ran into 3 coveys, running little ba$tards....

dave