Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

predator nicholas cycle pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default predator nicholas cycle pipe

Hey guys i got my nicholas pipe today and put it on it looks great its pritty loud but thats how i like em i didnt get to ride it to much b/c its 11:30 at nite i fired it up though and it sounds like a mean mother f***er boy i cant wait to drag it this summer thank for helping me choose the rite one is a 160 main big enough though with just that?

Old 01-20-2005, 08:11 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I look into his drag pipe also, and he was telling me it was very loud.....so I had to pass. It would be nice to have the money to buy it and just use it for draging.....that is if I did not have to rejet every time I put it on. Are you staying with your stock header?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

very wise choice in pipe rob!! i take it you don't have a noise tollerance issue where you ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] cause they are loud!!

Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What other mods do you have rob(by the way, why don't you write your pred in your sig. so we don't have to keep asking this)?? I'll help you jet it, if I know what you have done.

Next on your list of mods: Nicholas cycle carb mods, Rath racing header(If you don't already have these)......they are both great mods, you won't believe it!!!!

Old 01-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

ALL i have done at this time is that nicholas cycle pipe and stock header and it is about 20 degrees out here if that makes a difference

Old 01-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh ok......then yeah, you probably aren't too far off with the 160 main jet. I don't know for sure what piliot jet you should run, I want to say 50, but most guys run that with modded airboxes and carbs.........

Old 01-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer

what size is the stock pilot jet i didnt even look im running a 160 main and it seems to be fine and boy did that pipe make a difference on the road where i can get it to hook up b/c we got about 6 inches of snow. and does the nicholas carb mod really make a noticeable difference and what do thay do to it

Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know what the stock pj is.........but, be sure to keep an eye on your spark plug(and how its running) to make sure you have the jetting right.

as for the carb mod.......it will be a night and day difference.......this is on of the best mods for the pred in my opinion. Also, I'd mod your airbox if I was you, the pred's airflow is pretty limited.......I'd do this by drilling 4 1" holes in the back of the box, below where the filter seals.......or if you don't want to do that, you could buy mine.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

stock pilot is 45.....people are using 47.5 or 50 pilot jet...hope it helps!! and yes the nicholas cycle mod is one of the best things you can do with out buying a new carb!!!

Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

k guys thanks i prob wolnt change the pilot unless i mod the air box or get a clampon filter but i think im deffiently gonna get that nicholas carb

Quick Reply: predator nicholas cycle pipe