Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Decisions. Decisions.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions. Decisions.....

Nah, I didn't get the extended warranty. I kinda wished I did except my dealer was a butt hole. I didn't want to deal with him any more than I had to at the time. I haven't had any problems with mine and I have had it since Thanksgiving. I even rolled it once and still no problems. There is a guy on the fourms here that has a 05 TLD and he has had some issues. Not sure exactly what but I think it had something to do with jetting. Mine has been solid since day 1.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I guess im leaning towards the STD. I just have to buy some tires with it when I buy it. After all the performance mods I plan on I can honestly see the STD trans being better suited for the hp/tq. Im going on tuesday to talk about pricing at a local dealer. I hate dealers...I might end up driving to PA to save on taxes.

If anyone finds any other info out on the TLD with the STD trans. PLEASE POST IT!!!

Thanks again

vToe

Old 01-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

I been watch atv tader for price from Nov to now and the price has drop alot. Print out a dealer ad and take it in to a dealer to see if they will match it. That what I am going to do.

http://www.atvtraderonline.com/

Old 01-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I started calling all the dealers that came up on the dealer locator off polarisindustries.com. Alot were closed or they wouldnt talk about pricing over the phone. JMO but if they arent willing to talk about pricing over the phone then they usually arent worth my time to go in. I found a place in PA with a STD OTD for 5,800, plus the gps. I also spoke with another dealer that knew about the special edition thats coming out with TLD shock and tires, along with aluminum bumper and grab bar. AND YES THE STD TRANS!. He has a rep coming from polaris this thursday to take an order from him. He said he'll try to give me an ETA on it. His list pricing on it is 6,699 and he said he couldnt move on it.

So I went from TLD to STD now to TLD/STD........

Like the topic says, Decisions, Decisions.......I know there will always be better. Its just tough to decide on whats enough.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Did he say what was his price for the TLD funny trans. I am trying to deal with a small dealship in UTAH which the next shippment is in April. I will be dealing with cash that I hope to drop the price. If not they can keep it. That was the first stop for dealship.