Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SP500HO vs KAWA Super650

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2000, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully buy this weekend we should know about the sp700. it might be monday before the "common folk" find out though

later
jon

Old 09-20-2000, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

Why doesn't someone just get this over with and introduce a 1500cc jet engine quad with 4 1/2 wheel drive.
I don't think it will be too long before someone throws a motorcycle ferring (sp?) with radio and 6 disc cd changer and air conditioning on one of these things. Yeah, that would be cool. Instead of just one-upping each other evertime, they should just go for the gusto right now!
Don't forget to add an airbag for safety.

Old 09-20-2000, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

unclefester
the biggest engine a quad can have is 799cc, anything over that is a ORV. Orv's are not allowed on the same trails and places that Atv's are. the only way arould this would be to change the law.

later
jon

Old 09-20-2000, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Not too many people are mentioning the weight factor, comparing the SP700 & Kawa 650. True we don't know what the weight of the 700 will be, but what we do know is the weight of the SP500 is. Anybody wants to guess of the probable weight of the 700. So we know what the article said about the weight of the 650, hmmmm! I like the 650!

Old 09-20-2000, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

If a quad is a 799cc and they call it an 800, then is it over the limit? Or, what it is called and what it actually is not really matter?

Old 09-21-2000, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Right now everyone needs to spend all their energy in voting the sobs out of office before there is any land left to ride on.

Hugh

00SP500

Old 09-21-2000, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

TXDoc still haveing trouble supposed to be here in morning to straighten this thing out,All I can say is if the KAW knocks the 500SP off the hill just imagine what kind of machine that will be.I'm putting my money on the 700SP,that is if it materializes.What ever just look at what we are seeing,snowmobiles went through this 5yrs ago and are still at it.We have machines now that go places we only dreamed of 5 yrs ago.With the manufactors battleling each other for #1 spot we are the winners,that is if the Banker will stand behind me.Just look at the choices you have now over two years ago,and just watch the next few years.Andy I was past Chopper bills place today that Silver HO was sitting there crying "ANDY COME GET ME!!!!!"CM

Old 09-21-2000, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Odin, still don't want the belt, but I assume the 650 will have a standard 4wd system rather than Awd and will have all four wheels linked for going downhill. That was another thing I didn't like about the sportsman. I just didn't make mention of it very much. Still again, belt drive or not, if I had sold my AC during that time frame, i would have an HO 500 right now. The time passed. Now its waiting game time to see what the new Kawasaki really looks like. I looked at a Sportsman the other day again, and I still love the way the rear sits up off the ground. They had one with 27" tires on it, and I swear I could crawl all the way under it from back to front.

The prarie will also fill the disc brake void that steers me away from a Rubicon (and a lot of others for that matter). If the true 4wd thing is for real, I'm really liking the sound of the Kawasaki right now.

Also, I rode a Rubicon for the first time to day. Only in the parking lot, but that was enough to tell that the transmission is far and away the best there is period. No lag time, total smoothness. Why no discs? Still was neat. Even neater that you could shift it with the throttle down. That seemed wierd.

Old 09-21-2000, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bet it was. I would still be wanting it probably if this kawasaki hadn't entered my mind. Still don't know anything on it though. You know it will cost probably around $7500. I rode a Rubicon today for the heck of it, and it was pretty awesome. Transmission was so smooth. Later, I called them just for the heck of it (not considering this bike) and asked for a price quote. This fool said $7400. My reaction was "Jesus Christ!", then a few seconds of me laughing at the guy, then I said "thanks" in a laughing voice and hung up. Like it is scarce or something! They had about 5 of them on the lot, and a whole slough of Traxters. I don't see them selling out of those any time soon. The Rednecks around here will never accept something that wierd looking. As I was leaving, there was an older farmer looking guy pulling up with a 99 Sportsman in the back. He climbed aboard the Rubicon just as I got off of it. I bet he almost messed his pants when they quoted him a price and trade in.

Old 09-21-2000, 06:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,
Speaking of the Traxter?I have only seen ONE at my local riding area in 2 half yrs of riding.Not that popular a quad in Michigan.==Bill

Quick Reply: SP500HO vs KAWA Super650