Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Warn 2.5ci winch trouble/I love my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn 2.5ci winch trouble/I love my dealer

I woke up this morning to plow out about a dozen driveways in our mobile home park and what do you know I get done with the first driveway and went to lift my glacier plow blade up and the winch cable snaps about a foot from the hook. I had to ride the quad home with the plow on the ground. I unhooked the plow from the quad and called my dealer to find that my winch was out of warranty but told me to bring the quad in and he would fix it for my anyways and had one cable in stock. I loaded up the quad into the back of the Hemi and drove it to the dealer, unloaded it and went inside to the service counter. the service manager Dave who usually helps me when I'm there asked when I would like my quad back so I told him I would wait while he put the new winch cable on. Dave says well I was thinking maybe like you could have it by the end of the day but I told him that I had about a dozen driveways to plow before I go to work and so he told me to pull the quad in and he would install my winch cable. we also found out that the cable broke partly due to my last service visit I mensioned that the roller fairlead was rattling so come to find out the tech tightened the rollers to the point that the rollers were not "rolling" as the cable went in/out. he adjusted the rollers and it works great. Another problem I was having was that I had like no footbrake, alot of you guys said to bleed the brakes so I helped Dave bleed my brakes and they work awesome. I went home and made some cash plowing and even ended up plowing about 15-20 driveways. Thanks to Weiss equipment and sales in Frankenmuth Michigan. I love my dealer, they are always good to me.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

On our 04 700efi i have no foot brake either.. how did u bleed the brake?

Old 03-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Good customer service always make you feel good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

It will take two people. you need a small amount of dot 3 brake fluid and a 1/4" wrench. if you look on the right rear side behind the wheel there is the rear brake fluid reservoir, you will need to make sure that the fluid is full before bleeding the brakes. after filling fluid pump the footpedal a few times then hold down on the pedal. open the bleed screw then close it. let up on the pedal and pump a few more times then hold down once again and open the screw. do this procedure maybe 3-5 times making sure you always have fluid in the reservoir. oh and by the way there are two bleed screws on the caliper, the one for the footbrake is the lower bleedscrew which is pointing towards the right rear control arm plastic guard.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 20045SP500HO
Good customer service always make you feel good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
yes it does and this is why I will never take my quad in for service at any other dealer other than weiss's in frankenmuth. I have told you guys in the past about their awesome service/parts/sales and I really mean it

Old 03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Man your lucky to have that good of a dealer. I have 2 dealers around me and it took almost 3 weeks to get my main jets. Glad to see your making some moolaa with your 700.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

gotta pay for those new mini dubs somehow. LOL I made about $160 between yesterday morning and this morning. (after I got the winch cable fixed of course)

Old 03-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, I took two small u-clamps, chopped off the frayed cable, and re-crimped the end with the hook on. I covered it with some electrical tape and it works and looks great. I do have another cable around that I will use in the summer, and will switch in the frayed/shortened cable in the winter. Why spend 40$ on a new cable when only the last foot is shredded?

Old 03-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

Hello everyone. Funny you should mention the fairlead rollers silverbullet, cause after I snapped my cable while plowing I checked my rollers as I removed my cable and mine were too tight to turn also. So I took them apart and coated the bolts and insides of the rollers with dry molly lube and reassembled them making sure not to overtighten. I don't know if that had anything to do with the failure or not but I haven't broken the cable again yet (knock on wood!). I still haven't gotten around to ordering the AmSteel winch rope but I think that's the way I'm gonna go.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

If you order the AmSteel, Primus, please tell us how it works out. I have been eyeing it for a very long time but don't want to be the guinea pig to try it.

Goodnight
Tyler

Quick Reply: Warn 2.5ci winch trouble/I love my dealer