Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Awd engaging time

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2000, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andy
The AWD Button or new SWITCH is pretty amazing.
I dropped my front tires into a frozen spring runing through a meadow last saturday, putting along in low then that dropping hard clunk as the skid frame slams the ground and the front rack looks like a bridge across the spring, one push of thr button (on mine) power up and the rears dont even need to slip. touch the brake easy the rear falls in high centers on my ball shank, power up a touch both front wheels dig about half a spin and touch the button and your off to loly gaging again.

I do carry a couple of wire connectors or roll of electrical tape just in case a stick from down fall freakly breaks one of the AWD wires on the front struts, but that only happened once on my 93 350L.

Old 09-26-2000, 01:17 AM
Range Rover

mtnfun, Thats a great point, about the tape and wire connecters. Not bashing Polaris at all But My uncle is a mechanic at one of the local polaris shops. And there are actually quite a few instances of that happening. But its mainly from running in swampy areas. Other then that little prob the system is great. I just wish they would protect the wires a little better. But oh well now quad is perfect. But mau i Ask why you want to get rid of you AC? And why not wait a little bit espaically if all the rumours are right about the new 700 coming out. I know i would be pissed If I would buy a 500 and then with in a month the 700 comes out. Well hapy riding.
matty

Old 09-26-2000, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think I would be content with the 500, unless the 700 came out and they dropped the price on the 500's to below whatever I paid. That would suck. Basically, the main thing that I am wondering about with a 700 is what changes might be made other than just the engine? Hmmmm... They could get down and do some surprising stuff here to set it alone even further.

Old 09-26-2000, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Andy and Billy,

Whoa there boys, no harm intended, no attitude intended. What was intended was simply a little ribbing about the torturous nature in which Andy makes and breaks his decision to buy a Sportsman.

I too am one to think long and hard before parting with my dollars. Sometimes too long and hard. I am coming to the realization that if you don't just DO IT (ala Nike), prescious life is passing by while you sit in a state of indecision. Hours quickly become days, then weeks, then months, then years ... then the opportunity to enjoy is lost to some other excuse. If you took the Nike approach, that lost time could have been enjoyable riding time instead.

I don't think the heavy attack by you guys was warranted. I started the post by answering the question as best I could, then hit ya with a little ribbing. I just reread it and it seemed obvious to me that it was ribbing. Maybe I had better learn to add little yellow happy faces to my posts.

I have posted and followed the posts here for a long time and have tried to help on many occasions. A quick search by username will show you that I don't attack.

Again, apologies, simply ribbing intended, ala ATVING and CHICKENMAN, nothing more.

DJ

Old 08-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman Awd engaging time

Andy

Here is a pointer on buying Polaris if you are willing to drive to Tenn. and getting it over with.

These guys have a special deal with the factory and sell all bikes at factory cost out-the-door. I have bought 2 Sportsman's and a Predator. Great shop. Also - there are no taxes since it is out of state. Just rent a u-haul trailer to save you on gas getting there.

http://www.southernpowersports.com/i..._inventory.htm

2004 predator $4699 out-the-door
2004 Sportsman 700 EFI - $6299
The Deal - 2004 Sportsman 600 - $5099

in about a month the Polaris $69 winch deal will be available again.

Old 08-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman Awd engaging time

Andy

Here is a pointer on buying Polaris if you are willing to drive to Tenn. and getting it over with.

These guys have a special deal with the factory and sell all bikes at factory cost out-the-door. I have bought 2 Sportsman's and a Predator. Great shop. Also - there are no taxes since it is out of state. Just rent a u-haul trailer to save you on gas getting there.

http://www.southernpowersports.com/i..._inventory.htm

2004 predator $4699 out-the-door
2004 Sportsman 700 EFI - $6299
The Deal - 2004 Sportsman 600 - $5099

in about a month the Polaris $69 winch deal will be available again.