Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atvam ISLE,MN

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 01:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did the weekend go? i didn't make it and didn't have me truck. i hope you all had fun. what did they talk about on sat at the meeting? thanks DAN 96 SP500 27'VAMPS

Old 09-25-2000, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

I thought that you would have received an answer by now!.

But... Odin and I rode the Red Top Trail on 9/16 and It was amazing how many people asked him what kind of tires his Mud Runners were.

This would lead me to believe that the average trail rider there does not read Dirt Wheels and does not know that the ATV Connection even exists.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 09-25-2000, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Don't have a clue what they talked about at the meeting because,I was busy riding! Thor, sinkhole was about the same as it was this spring, just deep enough to drown stock hondas and artic cats! All brands actually but, the entertainment value was unreal! Just watching some people do the stupid things peer pressure encourages them to do! If it is there next year,I'll bring more beer and just stay at the mudholes all day! I did think the trail system handle the rider volume pretty easty though.

Old 09-26-2000, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Hey were you there when the grizzly rolled over? Got pictures of that one My wifes scrambler made it with ease as did my yellow sp. Where you at the corner watching the raptor mudding or the axel snapping mag 500?

Old 09-26-2000, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Did the Magnum snap a front axle?

Old 09-26-2000, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

No it was the tight rear he was running mudsharks sounded like a 22 going off 2 nd time it has happened.

Old 09-26-2000, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

What makes an axle snap, it must be alot of pressure ???

Old 09-26-2000, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Dazed, That axle snapping Mag was my buddy Tom Belland! It's the second time he has done that! I think it has to do with the offset rims. First time it broke just driving down a trail. It might also be caused by the fact that he let that hub get loose and strip out before he replaced it. I was the there with the cam-corder. I missed the grizly flip though, but I taped the axle breaking incedent. I also got the grizzly wheelstand and bail off at the sinkhole on tape, that was another ridding bud of mine, is that the almost flip youir talking about? Or did I miss one.

Old 09-27-2000, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah you missed the good flip wheels up in the air got pics of that. You got me on camera to i was on the almost yellow sp 500 with the mudrunners pulling out people there. my buddy was on the 400 ex trying the mud run. I relly dont like the mud there it really plugs the rads up both the scram and the sp of mine overheated rad completly blocked Your bud seems cool my wife was talking to him about the axel. where did you stay at ? the ride is there in the spring also.

Old 09-27-2000, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Dazed, I stayed at the cheapest hotel around,home! Pine City is only about 45mins away by backroads. Yes, Tom is a good guy but, that wheeler of his is about down the road though. So far it has eatin the following parts. 2 rear axles, 13 front axle assemblies! yes 13, 2 lower strut housings, 1 right front caliper and 1 rear drive shaft assembly. The funny thing is he bought a 5yr polaris factory warrenty. They have fixed it all, it only costs him the $25 debuctible! The stupid thing about the warrenty is they won't fix it unless it is broke! If it's just worn it's not covered. So needless to say he always rides it till its good and broke,before bringing it in.The machine has never left him stranded either, he always limps it home! Polaris could save alot of money if theyed fix things that were worn under warrenty. Those front driveshaft do alot of damage fliping around for miles on the way back to the truck! By the way do you no anyone looking for a used Magnum? Because it is for sale only 1300 very easy miles! He is going to get the new 700 or an HO Sportsman to beat on.