Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

More top speed on sp twins

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More top speed on sp twins

I put the techlusion and a heelclicker and it is just crazy now stands straight up any time I want with a push of the throttle the 800 screams more than enough power

Old 05-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rmkcac, you sound like you really know you stuuff and was wondering if you could help me alittle? I just bought a 800 efi and am having problems with it hitting the rev limiter, the dealer said polaris is putting a 3 gram heavier weight on does this sound right or should i consider something elese? will that slow me down in any way like of the go or at mid range? any help would be greatlt appreciated thanks keep on wheelin

Old 05-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I am having the same issues with the revlimiter. I hit it real quick. If I launch real good then the tires start to spin a little and it bounces the limiter a few times then goes away.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

hey rmk700cac do u have some tricks for my 02 500? i have k&n,150main no snorkal white bro slip on 5 disks and q-core,white polaris with 2 shims. i can pull buddys 04 grizz but he ends up going by me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] need more mid and top to beat dam yammi

Old 05-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

For allthe fellas that are having issues with hitting the rev limiter right off the punch for a second then off the limiter for the rest off the pull. Heres the trick. Weve found that u have not broken the belt in properly and glazed them.. Sorry fellas, but go to the dealer and get a new belt. CHANGE IT. Put on the new belt and let it idle in neutral as long as u can. The longer that u do this the better the belt works. ive had machined idle for up to 5 hours to get improve the belt break in. Then break them in for about 40 miles of light trails and not too much torque. This will seriously help the belt grab and hole shot on theses monsters. I Do agree that this sound like time consumption and hours on the atv for nothing but U try it and I will proove not to fail.
Also If u dont want to buy a new belt, {this is not as effective} but take off the original and was it in hot water and a bit of palmalive soap, it works to remove the glasing but not as effective as replaceing the belt. Good luck....
Took a lot of testing to get this right.....

Later

Old 05-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey rmkcac700,

i got a buddy who has a yfz and its stock and im buyin a predator and i would like to know wut i need to do to literly smoke him in a drag price doesnt matter

Thanx, Scrappy

Old 05-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Hey scrappy one easy name then, BOONDOCKER NITROUS. Where u at, I used to deal for them, now just do installs, serious power at the tough of a buttin. hahah

Old 05-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Hey rmk700cac I got a bike to try it on..

Bike all washed up and ready to go for tomorrow in the a.m...

Call me when you get mobile....

Seanny

Old 05-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

I think my issue with the fev limiter is slipping tires. It usually happens on a gravel road...I'll go out today and make sure that is the only time it does this. Almost 100% though. It has a ton of off the line torque. I beat my buddies BF off the line in dirt or on the street. He slowly comes by me in the midrange, but I got him on top at 70mph.. I tried the dalton Blue in the primary. I didn't like it at all. Off the line it was sluggish, and took longer to pull top speed. say from 50-70. I took it out, and went with the stock spring. I tested it 3x and still didn't like it. Rick said he would take it back and I could try something else. Your setup sounds killer for the 800. Does it feel stronger everywhere bottom,mid,top. I love the bottom. The mid could be a little stronger, however I don't want to loose the top end. I see you hit 76 :0 WOW. that is flying

Old 05-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

heelclicker the way to go

Quick Reply: More top speed on sp twins