Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my utility sportman 700EFI just the way it is, I personally feel that adding a turbo to a sportsman is a waste of about $1000 and could be better spent on accessories and storage. I would like to see polaris come out with an EFI predator, I would spend the money to get one of those.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and if ya need 450cc, they offer a kit. lol
But why not make it a 450 out of the friggin box??? To me that's just another reason why Yamaha guys keep buying Yamaha and Honda guys keep buying Honda. Sure, the Predator is one bad*ss quad, it just doesn't catch the general public's attention like the YFZ or 450r. Every single person, yes, every single person I talked to on the trails or at the dealer did not know that Polaris offered a kit to make the Pred a 450 class machine. I don't blame them for not knowing. It's not like everyone surfs the web and reads these forums. Does Polaris even mention it in the brochure? To me, and this is just my opinion, it is stupid marketing. Someone isn't thinking at Polaris.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

The pred is a great machine, but its only one model and its not a racer either. Polaris is starting out, but they have a long way to go before they can be compared with other manufacturers. Thier first and only true sport quad in 18 years of business and another 2 years of redesigns makes it 20, and they just now throw a dime towards sport quad racing. Yamaha has 2 manual sport quads that are almost that old. Somehow I think that shows a pretty good history of not paying too much attention to the sport market.
Sorry maddog56. But you're off base on this one. The Predator is one of the best STOCK Sports quads out there. I say the only good Stock competition to a Predator is a DS650 or the YFZ450. But even then the YFZ is 1 inch short of suspension travel both front and rear. And its lack of reverse does not make for a trail friendly quad. The DS650 needs the 12 inch suspension and bigger engine to handle its weight and once again, its lack of reverse is an issue. Wether or not the quads do great in races where racers sink tons of money in the quad is imaterial when comparing stock quads. Pretty much all other quads have even bigger deficiencies.
Just my opinion
BryceGTX

Old 03-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

I think the scrammy needs alot more important things than HP. I find it has plenty after a few mods, My main concern is the frame, suspention, and weight. The whole front end should be redisigned like sports quads, not like a trailblazer. It should have 2 a arms, more travel and better suspension to take a landing. I love my scrammy, but I see many things that should be improved before more HP is added. The rear shock on mine almost bottoms out from me sitting on it and I am only 192lbs, its on the last setting.

I just want a quad I can jump, rip, and mud with. Guess I will just have to wait and get a pred. when my scrammy is paid off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

I think the scrammy needs alot more important things than HP. I find it has plenty after a few mods, My main concern is the frame, suspention, and weight. The whole front end should be redisigned like sports quads, not like a trailblazer. It should have 2 a arms, more travel and better suspension to take a landing. I love my scrammy, but I see many things that should be improved before more HP is added. The rear shock on mine almost bottoms out from me sitting on it and I am only 192lbs, its on the last setting.
LOL jimk72. Sounds like you need a beefier rear spring. However, if you are not happy with the Scrambler suspension then you will be really unhappy with most others. There are only a few quads that have more suspension travel that the rear of yours. And be thankful you have struts, they are much more durable than a-arms and at your weight, that might be much more important. The performance advantage you get with a-arms will not be significant on a trail quad.
BryceGTX

Old 03-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

The reason I don't like the front end, is I hit a tree comming around a corner and it about ripped the one a arm off. I was going slow, didn't even get thrown, and I had to replace the a arm, and rebuild the a arm mount. as for the rear, My buddies scrammy has the fox rear shock and it holds up great when I sit on it. They should have never changed it in 04.

I have ridden many quads and the scrammy does ride nice compared to most sport quads, I did my research and the scrammy was the only one that fit all my needs.

Like I said I love my scrammy, just wish the landings were a little better. Im sure after market shocks would do the trick, just little short on cash(putting wife through school).

Old 03-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

, just little short on cash(putting wife through school).
LOL jimk72. I hear you man. My wife is in nursing school. Same situation for me.
Have a great St Patties day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 03-17-2005, 11:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmmm, so that podium finish for Mr. Smiley was on one of those "non-competitive Predators". When was the last time BRP even ran a GNCC. Yes, they're great quads....in the desert. Go read up on the TLD Pred, inform yourself, then come back and we can have an intelligent coversation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Better yet, go ride the machine, and stop listening to what other people say....form your own opinion.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Excellent point modquad. I think the Predator is definitely a force to be reckoned with. And as a stock quad it needs to apologize to no one.
BryceGTX

Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Fishslab , I think I'm building what you may be looking for

Got an 04 , SP700 that were putting a turbo on , we've stripped off the front rack , bumpers , relocated the running lights , and currently in the process of adapting Polaris's " aluminum Scrambler bumper "

The Srammy front bumper is no bolt on , and needed alot of rewoking , but after an initial mock-up , I'm real happy with the looks , [ looks alot more sport quad ] not to mention some 70 lbs less , .......... I'll get some pics up this weekend for you to check out

Len

Quick Reply: What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!