Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is Polaris waiting for?!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow! I guess I'll have to chalk this all up to people viewing things differently in life.

Uh, the definition of the Pred, according to Polaris' sponsorship program would be that of a cross-country machine.

Uh, yes, I'm fully aware of who makes the John Deere...it was a joke. Now as not to take anything for granted, here's the webster definition of a joke: anything said or done to arouse laughter.

Uh, Polaris' line-up of Sports/Scramblers has been around for a long, long time. A great niche' for them in the recreational market. Now, not to confuse you with the differences between a recreational machine and a sport machine, I'll list them as follows:

Recreational machine: One of which may exude some performance, yet still maintaining a certain restraint from an all out sport/racing machine. Yes, myself and others have modded the snot out of them, but the platform is still limited. In other words, a 40 foot double, yes it might make it...but that is not it's intended use.

Sport machine: This is a unique purpose built machine which is normally aimed at the racing crowd. Yes, recreational enthusiasts seeking higher trail performance will also purchase these machines. If set up correctly, and ridden by a capable rider, these can hold up to the abuse of racing.

Polaris made the transition from the recreational machines in 2003, they've now entered racing, what don't you understand? Why don't you focus your efforts on your rapidly retreating Yamaha camp. Your efforts to discount Polaris' efforts have no legs to stand on. Polaris is committed to racing in both the ATV and snowmobile ranks. What does your beloved Yamaha do, rolls up at Ballance's back door and unloads a few quads and a few dollars. Seems like a pretty behind the scenes operation if ya ask me. Personally, I'll stick with the companies who exhibit some testicular fortitude.

Now, back to the turbo question. For the duner applications, no mud and water, a turbo would hold up great. I'm wondering about the durability of the housings, if when hot, are cycled in and out of water. Sure would be trick though....how about the sound of a spooling up turbo coming from under the seat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
And that my friends was the entire point of this gawdy and unattractive thread, the expansion of the Polaris Sport ATV line.
I don't know if I should be insulted that you called my thread gawdy and unattractive, or giddy because you posted about 20 times in my gawdy unattractive thread. Just what kind of things are you attracted to anyways?!!! LOL. However you came to reply to this thread it was not to talk about expanding the sport line up of Polaris. It was was a tongue and cheek thread about why Polaris, with the advance technology they display in their snowmobiles could not build an outright screaming quad. More for the sake of doing it than any other reason. An if you build it they will come sort of thing. It also asked if anyone had tried a conversion of this nature, where we had Lentech tell us about his sportsman turbo creation. That's the good stuff boys.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fishlab, I wasnt referring to your topic idea in a derogetory way, I was referring to the long line of back and forth bantering that followed. And your post did have to do with Polaris' sport line IMO, you said you wanted a new sport type with an auto. I was saying that because it took so long for polaris to release one sport quad, it might be a long time until we see another.

Modquad...I could carry this on until the end of time and it wouldnt make any difference. I would say you are wrong, but I'm not sure what the hell you are trying to tell me. Every time I respond to your statements, you move to something else. I yield to sensibility, this argument is stupid and no matter who is right or wrong its not going to matter at the end of the day.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Maybe if you'd take the time to read and reason things out, you'd see the light.....then again, after what's been exchanged here.....I'm not too optimistic about that.

Hey Fishlab, if ya build the machine, I have the camera. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fishslab quote: "Got my Escape mag. the other day. I usually don't pay much attention to the snowmobile section, but this time I gave it a good look through. I noticed a four stroke model with EFI, 750cc, and TURBO. Is it just me or would it make one sweet *** quad?!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody try that conversion before? "

i usually don't follow the sleds either but have you checked-out the high performance, VERY limited edition "Dragon Sled" by Polaris?

check it out at TheDragonSled.com

pretty AWESOME men!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

What class exactly does the Pred lead? I'm honestly unaware of what class Polaris has determined it belongs in. Here you are telling me it's best compared to a YFZ because the Raptor is just way too inferior to compete with it. Yet, the Predator does not fare any better against the YFZ than you say the raptor does to the Pred. Where the heck is this machine supposed to be? If it belongs on the track then Polaris needs to shed 50 pounds and 50cc's and make it an mx bike, otherwise it needs to be made clear that comparisons are for recreational purposes and riders.
Hey maddog56. I said in all my posts, my discussion has only been about stock quads. I don't care what it takes to compete, I will never race. I have made this clear in all my posts. It seems clear the dramatic similarities between the Pred and the YFZ and the differences between the Raptor and the Pred. Engine size, dimensions, component quality, suspension travel. When you put the three of them side by side and look at them, it becomes even more apparent. When you talk about running these quads on the track, then chances are every suspension piece, shock and tire on the Raptor will be thrown away and replaced. This will take money. So what prevents you from throwing the same money at a pred to put it on a diet?
If you arent getting my point, that Polaris hasnt traditionally cared much about the sport market, then you need to try a little harder or maybe explain to me what your having a problem with so I can help. All I keep hearing you say is that Polaris is making steps with the pred. Thats great, and its great, but that doesnt show me an expanded lineup or even that the sport market will become important enough to have more.
Wow, I don't think you even looked at my last post. So you are saying Polaris should venture into a brand new market instantly with 5 or 6 new models? I don't think that is a reasonable request. Every single quad company seems to make incremental changes in their product line; but a whole new line? I prefer they go slowly and stay solvent, LOL.
BryceGTX