Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Okay 03 trailBoss Mods Look Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay 03 trailBoss Mods Look Here

I have been reading the forms for a while and have gotten alot of great info from all you fellas thanks.
I have seen alot of questions on how to get the best performence out of a trailboss machine and i`m sure that i`ve done it all, except maybe do some mods to the engine or clutch weights.
I`ve got a white primary clutch spring, i beat out all the baffles in the muffler and drilled some holes in the end of her.I also drilled some holes in the airbox that i plan to expand with a k,n filter later on.
I`ve removed the racks from the front and rear to lighten her up a bit.
Also when i bought the bike it wasn`t ridden much so i put some carburator cleaner into the gas tank and a new spark plug.She runs clean now but i noticed the biggest change when i installed the new clutch spring and beat up the inside of my muffler.
You won`t notice much more on top speed but the torque is a new machine in comparison to the stock one.I love this machine for the money you get alot of quad for your buck.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

where did you get your cluch spring from?

Old 03-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

What you did looks good. I have the White Brothers Slip on Pipe from RCR and K&N filter with outer wear. I have a WPS 145 LG RD main jet Mikuni part # 13-7145 and had to change the needle clip position when installed. I put two 1&1/2" vents in the air box. I run the EPI red primary spring. It runs very strong low, mid. and high. The shop did all the work. I have seen no need to change the sprockets as it does well for the riding I do (trails and hills). The rear Pro Armor skid plate (since removed) was a joke as it centered and draged and plowed. Never needed it like I thought after all. The only thing left for me to do is change the tires out for a set an inch taller (when these wear out).

Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just ordered the EPI pink primary spring. I alreadt have the Polaris white. I dont like the white much. The white does not run at much higher rpm's.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 2manytoys, Always good to hear from you. You really did a nice job on your quad. I bet you like the Pink EPI. My EPI Red engages at a good high RPM - just the right amount. My brother has a totally stock Trail Boss 04 and wants to change his spring. I read a post where someone trustworthy (wish I could remember who) said for stock Boss to go with a stock spring for a 2000 Scrambler 2X4. He orderd one so I'll post when we get it in and after we see how it does. I read another post where a new Boss went with this Scrambler spring and was pulling wheelies and such. Now my bro can pull his up, but he is very skilled at it.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Great to see all the boss runners out there>I got my white spring from the dealer.
I`m putting some mud bugs on her next weekend the mud is heavy now,lots of fun.
Wheelies are are still tricky i weigh 180 and get the front up for about 7 feet or so not great but
i`m hoping for better hook up when i get the tires on.
I`ve thought about putting a new carb or rejetting but shes running great now why mess with it.I`m
hoping to get a srambler 500 in a year or 2, because of the 4wheel drive option and her sporty theme.

Take care

EVERYBODIES TREVOR

Old 03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

i have a 02 trailboss that i just ordered the 414 kit for. i am dying to find out what it will do when i get it. does changing the clutch make a big difference and how hard is it to install. i do mostly trail riding and sand pits any recommendations? other than that i have done some random upgrades. my favorite was the front springs. the rims and tires are nice too. so lukester the skid plate is a joke. i'll have to see how i like having it. i got it for christmas what should i expect from it?

Old 03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

The skid plat would high center over logs and rocks. In the sand , if it dug down at all, it would high center. It would plow the snow, holding it back.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hey spiff, Wher did you order the 414 big bore kit from???

Old 03-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Range Rover

http://www.rittercycle.com/

Quick Reply: Okay 03 trailBoss Mods Look Here