Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 Ride Quality

parkgt,

Great post! I have not personally ridden a Rincon I have not commented in this section. All I can say is that the 800 DOES have a wonderful ride and as with any advantage, there is a disadvantage to follow. The 800 will sway some. I notice it significanly sways more then my 04 700 I had. But then again, it rides better then my 04 700.

P.S.

Every forum will have the bashers and know it-alls.. It isnt worth it to bash them back- just like ELkbow said---get lost.. lol that was funny. Sometimes you just have to read the good stuff then bla bla bla to the others. This is what makes the world go round!! Although it does provide some humor listening to the bashers getting bashed!!! lol

Old 04-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default 800 Ride Quality

parkgt,

Where are those photos taken at? That's some awesome scenery!!! I may have to swing up there sometime!

Old 04-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

jwyles,

Those pictures were taken along the Big Piney Creek about 30 miles north of Clarksville,
AR. Clarksville is right off Interstate 40, about halfway between Little Rock and Fort Smith which is on the western border of Arkansas. In that area of the state there are many wonderful places to ride. One can find enough to fill up a week with anything from tough to family style riding. Arkansas has the best riding of any state in the center of the country, millions of acres of FS land. Come on down!
If anyone need more info just ask. Even riders from the Darkside are welcome.

The important thing is not what you ride, but that you do ride. The only riders that bother me are the ones that leave their trash behind.

We like to pester each other about our choice in quads but it is alway respectful. We have all needed some help along the trail at one time or another. Guys on dirtbikes had to help me get my Rincon around some switchbacks on the edge of the mountains in Utah last year. Very scary; I wish at that moment I would have been on a 800.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default 800 Ride Quality

Parkgt,

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Old 04-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

Elbongo and others,

Thanks for the kind words on the pictures. When we get too old to ride or ride hard, at least we will have the pictures to refresh our fading memories.

By the way the other quad bsides the 800 is a 05 SP500. I had the pleasure of pulling him out of the river; pictures in the first album. It's nice when a lowly Rincon can rescue one form the Darkside![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

I have a few things I would like to say. First, with the exception of Spydergirl6 (to whom I will address in a moment), and MTPockets, I appreciate the few that have stood up and written some honest posts. I now believe that there are good people on this site that will give good info, stories, vids, pics, etc, etc. There are also a slew of those that act like children, as stated in earlier posts in this topic. That frustrates me to no end because I come here to both give and receive information as well as a little entertainment.

Second, (and I feel this should be addressed before my next statement(s), I currently own both a 2005 Rincon and 2005 800EFI. I am going to post some pics and videos after our ride next weekend, not because I want or need to prove that I own these machines, but because it is necessary to achieve some amount of trust in a forum such as this. I was planning to do some photo snapping of some great scenery this weekend but we forgot to take the camera. Plain and simple, I am no bullsh@%r, and I will give you the straight deal on any/all machines I have owned or currently own. Sometimes, if I ride a machine I've never been on before, and am either impressed or unimpressed with a specific trait of that machine, I might write about that too.

To MTPockets, please don't waste time thinking about whether or not I do or don't own these machines. Fact is I do, and soon you will have all of the pics to prove it. I might even post the titles just to shut you up, if the 800 title is back from the DMV in time. (NY requires title transfer at time of registration when purchasing from the dealer) I do, however, appreciate your advice on the suspension even though our opinions are a bit off. I am 6'4" tall and 270lbs. While the highest setting is stiff if you walk to the rear and push, it feels very different with my *** on the seat and my thumb on the throttle. I don't know what else to say other than I want to make it better and more to MY liking, and I believe that this is, in fact, possible.

SpiderGirl6, you make a statement such as the one you made and it makes me want to find you and and see just how far you're willing to go face to face. Remember, I live in upstate NY, so if you're ever in the area, I would be more than willing to teach you a valuable lesson in manners that you have not yet been taught. Also, I am a new "supporting" member of this site and have no clue who "pastor" is. What's more, I am about as far from a pastor as one can be, so no dice there either. I know you'll probably respond with more insults, but the fact is, my mother is tough on the computer, so save it.

Parkgt, really nice pics, and could not agree with you more. Also, I should have noted that I only put about a half a mile on the Rinny with the stock tires and wheels, and all of my riding since then has been with the Mudzillas on ITP wheels. I also installed a 2500# winch, full armor underneath including all a-arm guards, so this machine is not only a lot wider than stock, but much heavier. Needless to say, it's a beast in the mud, even if somewhat doggish with the extra weight.

My thanks to ATV Tech1, Tyler711 and all of the other people in this forum that provide honest information in not only a quest to help other people, but to possibly gain some useful info themselves. That's what made me come back after getting bs answers to some honest questions last week. Additionally, I think you all should know that when I write a post, it will always be my honest, unbiased opinion, regardless of what machines are sitting in my garage.

I plan to order HD suspension for the SP as soon as I get more info on the various options that are available and some that will be in the future. Riding one of these with the upgraded suspension would help, but I doubt I'll be lucky enough to stumble across that.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

I'm ready to see the titles.Seems to me that no matter what opinions you get you won't except,because they don't agree with yours!!!

Old 04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

Encore, did you even read my last post?? I mean, seriously.

I accept people's opinions when they are based on facts and honesty, rather than just blanket statements or false information for the sole purpose of making whatever "they" have seem better. I come here for peoples opinions, and I think it's unfortunate that the good ones are sometimes clouded by the bs posts. I see now that it's up to the reader/writer to decide which are which and what information is good or bad. Maybe it's me, but how many posts have you seen in this forum that say something like "I have a few buddies that have "brand x" and it's just garbage, nothing but problems"? I hate that, and you'll find it said about every brand, if you take the time to look. I have. Go back and read some of my posts and you will see that I do, in fact, respect peoples opinions when they are based in honesty, regardless of brand. I have said over and over that ALL of the big bore machines out there are comparable and worth the money. Strong points and weak points for EACH of them. I am working in the interest of strengthening the weak points on not only the 800, but every machine I have... same as I did with the Rinny.

I'm getting tired of saying that.

Not to worry, my friend.... plenty of pics to come.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 800 Ride Quality

ImperiumDon,

I dont think you have to prove yourself. You pretty much came here to find out a way to make your 800 ride like the rincon. Although I dont think it will ever ride like the rincon just because of the weight and power factor but you can stiffen up the suspension with the heavier springs. I have rode 700's with them and it made a big difference. You obviously prefer the ride of the rincon and that is not a bad thing. You are a bigger guy and I can see why the suspension on the 800 would be to soft. Dont worry about what others say and get the springs. Then come back with the results.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default 800 Ride Quality

Originally posted by: ImperiumDon
I come here for peoples opinions, and I think it's unfortunate that the good ones are sometimes clouded by the bs posts. .
Unfortunately ImperiumDon, most forums will have this. There are some forums that I got disgusted with and left but here everyone seems like very good people. It's more like a shoot the sh** room more then anything here. Most of the time there will be useful information, the others is mainly for collaboration, entertainment (flaming), and comradery. Sit back and enjoy the forums. I look forward to seeing those vids as you can tell from my site that I love taking vids and pics.

Quick Reply: 800 Ride Quality