Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 Ride Quality

You could be right. I might have actually been low on coolant the first time, then with the added water, not had the right mixture. Even though it's a little embarrassing, I must confess that I might be mistaken as to how difficult it is to get to the radiator. When installing the front bumper, the instructions had me remove the grill, and to do so, I had to remove the front bumper/rack and tilt it up over the winch to get to the two screws on the top of the guard/grill. Is this necessary, or can I just pop it free from the rubber groments? The machine is at the dealer, so I can't go out to the garage and check. If you can just pull it off, I'll feel pretty silly having done all of the work to remove the two top screws. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I was just following the directions, but now that I think about it, it is possible that it is that simple. Damn!

Also, I didn't let it idle for long periods and was in low for the slow going.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default 800 Ride Quality

Mine is un-obstructed as you can see in my picts with no front bumper, but yes it just pulls down and out of the rubber grommets from the lip on the top edge of the screen/grill cover.

Jim

Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default 800 Ride Quality

I'm a bit confused. I don't have a lip, and my radiator grill goes all the way up under the front plastic bumper leaving no clearance to unscrew the top screws. If I (and you) are right, those screws as well as the 2 on the bottom don't need to be removed to get the grill out. There are 4 rubber grommets that hold it in place with 4 screws connecting the top mesh cover. The bumper I'm referring to is the one with the headlights that goes over the winch. I took that completely off with the 3 or 4 bolts holding it in place from the front to get to those upper screws and grommets. Guess I didn't need to do all that work, but I still don't understand what "lip" you're talking about??

I guess what I want to know is, do I need to remove the 4 screws in the grill/mesh/radiator guard to get it out, or can I just pop it out?

Old 04-19-2005, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default 800 Ride Quality

No you dont have to unscrew anything. Reach up under the black plastic bumper and at the top of the screen frame there is a slight outward "L" lip that you grip with your tips of your fingers to pull it out of the grommets.

The screws are just to hold the screen cover (w/larger rectangular holes) to the frame.

Jim