Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'Stress Fracture'

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill , Sorry to hear of your misfortune. When you spoke of your leg flying off of the Floorboard it made me think of a funny thing that happened when Chickenman came out hear to ride with us.
We went to the Manchester forest to ride the trails there. I have a friend named Bill who has a artificial leg. We go to riding and the trails had a lot of "whoops" on them. We got to misssing Bill so we stopped and cut off our Quads and could hear Bills 500 coming in the distance. He had his leg strapped to his front rack. Seems he got in one of the rough sections and his leg GOES FLYING OFF!!!!! So rather than going through the process of putting it back on he straps it to the rack and rides on. It was hilarious to say the least when he came riding up with his leg tied to the front rack.

Old 09-30-2000, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tree Farmer,
Thank you for your concern with my health.

There is nothing Macho in regards to me removing my cast.[no pats on the back needed]It was very bothersome and caused me a big headache to the point that I could not tolerate it further.I have alot of differant things that need to get done while im on temperary lay-off.The cast/crutches wont allow it.

I kept thinking of how very little the foot hurt while just walking,and how it is with a cast on.I figure if I give up the basketball and dont aggrevate the stress fracture,perhaps it will heal on it;s own.I could be wrong,I hope im not.

Kagey,
Your buddie Bill's leg? It was a very funny story.I keep picturing someone coming back with their leg straped to the racks. [lol]==Bill

Old 09-30-2000, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

BILL as far as TF worrying about you,if truth was told he's afraid if you was laid up,you'd have to much puuuter time on your hands. LOL
Kagey yeah I recall you guys talking about that,I have friend that I ride snowmobiles with that rolled his sled and he has artifical leg.Well he's laying there in snow and sled over the other side of trail.A guy came along ang and asked if he could help?Al says yeah see if you can find my leg,the guy turned white as a sheet and almost lost his cookies.CM

Old 09-30-2000, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

BILL as far as TF worrying about you,if truth was told he's afraid if you was laid up,you'd have to much puuuter time on your hands. LOL
Kagey yeah I recall you guys talking about that,I have friend that I ride snowmobiles with that rolled his sled and he has artifical leg.Well he's laying there in snow and sled over the other side of trail.A guy came along and and asked if he could help?Al says yeah see if you can find my leg,the guy turned white as a sheet and almost lost his cookies.CM

Old 10-01-2000, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

Bill,

Reminds me of the old line: “What’s that in the road, a head?”

Your tip on how to remove the cast comes about a year too late for me. Last year when I broke my ankle I had to wear a cast for 2 months. The day I went in to get the cast off, the smartass receptionist said I was 15 minutes late for my appointment and she would “try” to reschedule me next week.

I went to the lumber store and bought a pair of metal snips and sat in the parking lot and chewed that cast off. Got blisters on both hands and had a half-dozen employees of the lumberyard sitting around laughing at me. The doctor’s office kept calling me telling me I had to come in to the get the cast off. When I told the nurse that I had removed it myself, she about had a fit. Still insisted that the doctor had to see me. What for? The cast was gone and my ankle was fine. I finally went back in, mainly because the nurse was worth seeing again. Of course, the doctor said my ankle was fine.

I broke the ankle tackling a hill too steep for my Warrior’s stock tires. The whole thing was a blessing in disguise, because I didn’t want to give up riding for 2 months so I went looking for an automatic and ended up with the Scrambler 500, which suits my riding better than anything I have ridden.

I bet if you wrap that foot with an Ace bandage when you’re out and about it will heal up just fine. Skip the basketball for a season but don’t give up the quad.