Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Questions for Polaris Diesel owners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for Polaris Diesel owners...

If you do a search on the main Polaris page for Diesel, it brings up a couple of pages of threads. There's one in-particular that had some comments from someone that owned one in Canada. Click here for the thread. Scroll down about halfway; the user is Pharsyd.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for digging up that thread for me. Hopefully that member will be on here sometime in the near future so I can talk to him. I find it interesting the wide variety of experiences that people have had with these. All of the current owners I have spoken with have been very happy with the machine. Others really hated them, saying that they have no power, etc. Anyway, thanks for the help. Is there any way to bump this thread back to the first page for some better exposure? Or is it stuck here?

Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

In any of the threads, just do a reply in that particular thread and it will bump it back to the main page. I hope you can find the answers you're looking for.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. I appreciate it. I went and talked to the local Polaris shop today. He was of no help. He has never seen one in person, so he couldn't say anything other than he heard they were slow. Oh well. I am still hoping to find someone who can demo one for me in...

Old 04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i'm not sure if i missed something here, but why not buy gas? the SP500(gas) is great on MPG and seems to meet all of your needs.

the cold weather starting is best in it's class, can tow a house(well, just about LOL), SUPER reliable, and what else could you ask for? really!

-MT

Old 04-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

LOL, my official response to that is: Everything I own is Diesel. I would rather be able to fill off of my diesel tanks, than have to carry 5 gallon cans full of gasoline.

The reality: Diesels are my thing. I doubt this thing can do much that a similar gas rig couldn't. I think it would be a novel and convient thing to have, and fun to play around with. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
ox
Pro Rider

If you only want to run it at 5000'+ (Denver and higher) you could prolly shave the head to get compression back to where it should be - or close to it. Just don't take it down the hill after that. Lotsa guys doo it on sleds all the time - this should be same thing only diff.

(I wouldn't pay too many $ for one tho - resale stinks as is - I can only imagine a cpl more yrs on these.)

Old 04-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, I am surely going to wait for a cheaper one. They have been out of production since 2001... and even with the scarsity, they still are not popular.

Has anyone heard of a turbo being used on one of these? A guy linked me to an article about a company from Puerto Rico that makes turbos for Banshees and the like. Supposedly this has been adapted to the Diesel? That would be a neat resolution to the problems.