Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Topic: Bad Ebay Deal

Sry to hear about the situation. Hopefully kooler heads provale

Old 04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

1) IF it was a real problem, the guy would have called you the first day he received the tractor and put you on notice. for him to have waited a week to find fault seems fishy.

2) IF you kept a COPY of your ebay add (which i hope to hell you did) i hope it read "sale is AS IS with NO warranty" in the description.

3) you may concider sending him a bill for delivering it 1/2 way. a reasonable charge per mile can be determined by calling around to different delivery places in your area.

4) IF he issues you something (his demands) IN WRITING, consult your family attorney and respond in writing using his/her advice promptly.

5) take lots of notes. what he says, dates and time. be as specific as possible. this will give you more credibility if it ever goes to court.

6) SAVE ALL info on this sale (regardless of turn-out) for 5 years in a file you can find IF you need it.

also, before shipping this thing, did anyone 'test-drive' the tractor that might be able to counter what this guy is claiming? a mech, customer? if so, could you get it in writing from them.

just some thoughts off the top!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-MT

Old 04-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Tell him to FO....

People do this everyday on ebay. The problem is probably because he had it for a week and realizes he shouldn't have spent the money or his wife is kicking his *** for spending the money. He has not claim, thats the thing about ebay, you try to describe items as best as possible, but hey....its a 'sold as is' auction. People can't claim crap on ebay unless you really misrepresented it. Doesn't sound like he has a case for anything and he can't sue you unless he comes to your state....he is BSing you....

Old 04-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Elkbow, that is the responce I've been waiting for. Whew!! I've really been fretting this, he hasn't called back yet. I truly did not misrepresent the tractor, this is the first thing I've ever sold on there and this guy really had me scared. So if he were to actually sue me he would have to do it in my state???

Old 04-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ill second elkbow (because it is what you wanted to hear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

but honestly,

if there was a problem, tell him to return it, in the condition it was in when you sold it to him, and you will refund him the money, less the money you spent in gas, and then resell it...just an idea

Old 04-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know your state laws, but in Alabama everything sold used, is sold as is, buyer beware, unless you gave the buyer a written warranty. If you did not misrepresent the tractor, don't worry about it.
You probally will not hear from him again, but if you don't mind, keep us posted. I bought some Trail Boss parts on eBay that were misrepresented, but I was able able to use them by spending more money and modifying them. I just sent the man a email telling him he lied about the parts, and I gave him good feedback because he shipped them fast. Jay