Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700EFI Hop up ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Hey Thanks for some info - What does a Epi Kit consist of?

Old 04-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Look at the Bikeman performance clutch kits...I just installed mine on my 700 and it is a huge difference. The adjustable BMP supertips are great. I put in all low end and could get my 800# beast to finally get the tires off of the ground. Pretty good for a guy that only weighs 120 pounds....

Old 04-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Just got back from my dealer today, I picked up the sp800 header pipe and airbox snorkle I ordered. I also bought a hot new primary
clutch kit they are selling that a local guy here is making! They said it will convert the primary clutch over to a style similer to the sp800, but when the kit is installed it will make the sp700efi clutch allow the belt to go even lower then the sp800 clutch does... therefore giving
you a ton more torque on takeoff! they said even me (at 160lbs) will have no problem pulling the front tires off the ground even in
high range. It is a billet sleeve theat goes over the primary clutch shaft, and a shim for the secondary. I guess it works best with the
stock clutch springs. The only setback is it will disable the EBS, but then again I might like it better that way. It is supposed to work in any EBS equipped Polaris atv. They put one in a ap500 with similer results. we are going to install mine wednesday night, so I will post the results when we get done.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

I am installing just the header and airbox intake today, and will post those results as well.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

PUT THE 800 HEADER pipe on my 05 700 efi along with a complete 800 primary cluych and belt----kept stock springs but added 10-58 weights from a snowmobile...puls hard from a stop but i need to instal the larger 800 snorkel that hasnt arrived yet---pulled wheels off a few times in high gear---alot more low end grunt---

Old 05-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Originally posted by: DANO38
Just got back from my dealer today, I picked up the sp800 header pipe and airbox snorkle I ordered. I also bought a hot new primary
clutch kit they are selling that a local guy here is making! They said it will convert the primary clutch over to a style similer to the sp800, but when the kit is installed it will make the sp700efi clutch allow the belt to go even lower then the sp800 clutch does... therefore giving
you a ton more torque on takeoff! they said even me (at 160lbs) will have no problem pulling the front tires off the ground even in
high range. It is a billet sleeve theat goes over the primary clutch shaft, and a shim for the secondary. I guess it works best with the
stock clutch springs. The only setback is it will disable the EBS, but then again I might like it better that way. It is supposed to work in any EBS equipped Polaris atv. They put one in a ap500 with similer results. we are going to install mine wednesday night, so I will post the results when we get done.
With a kit that lowers the belt in the primary do you still get full shift out? Or are you going to loose top end?

Old 05-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

I’m considering “upgrading” my 700EFI header pipe to the 800 but hadn’t thought about replacing the airbox snorkel. Is that just a snap off / snap on replacement or are there some other concerns, like fit and finish or having to retune the EFI for the higher volume of air flow? (I’m already running a K&N)

A friend of mine is researching clutch upgrades right now and has been very impressed with his contacts with an outfit named Dalton up in Canada. He’s pretty close to buying one for us to try out (on a 700 EFI).

Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Range Rover
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Originally posted by: floodrunner
I’m considering “upgrading” my 700EFI header pipe to the 800 but hadn’t thought about replacing the airbox snorkel. Is that just a snap off / snap on replacement or are there some other concerns, like fit and finish or having to retune the EFI for the higher volume of air flow? (I’m already running a K&N)

A friend of mine is researching clutch upgrades right now and has been very impressed with his contacts with an outfit named Dalton up in Canada. He’s pretty close to buying one for us to try out (on a 700 EFI).
I have had good luck with dalton clutch components on my sleds ,seem to be of good quality ,was going to get there clutch kit for my 04.5 ho ,but I opted for the heelclicker and I regret it now from what I have read thedalton is a install and go kit, the testing has been done ,the heelclicker on the other hand is a kit you have to play around with to get it right and may involve buying more primary springs to get the setting you like ,in my opinion I already payed a premium price for this kit (more than the dalton)so the right stuff should come with it.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Range Rover
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Howdy All...

I'm going to run to the defense of the Heel Clicker kit...

rmkcac700...

I've installed a number of these kits and have yet to see any unusual wear issues with the pins. Most of these installs have been on newer machines so that my be the difference. I don't doubt your findings, as it has been said before, you DO know your clutching!! And thanks again for the assistance with that 700 problem. All is well and the owner couldn't be happier!!! So where do I send the check? LOL!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

trenchdigger...

I know where you're coming from. However, with all clutching mods, a bit of trial and error is required to really dial in your machine. The Heel Clicker kit is is adjustable. VERY adjustable. And this alone can lead to quite a bit of frustration. I know it did for me! The Dalton kit is basically a set-it-and-forget-it kit. I'm not knocking the Dalton, or saying the Heel Clicker is any better or any worse. All I'm saying is that a bit of R&D is going to have to take place before you can get your clutching "just right" for your riding style.

For what it's worth...

I've used almost all the well-known, pre-packaged clutch kits on the market. The tuning issues have been HUGE!!! Which has caused me to re-think my direction as far as clutching. With the help of a VERY smart guy, my eye's were opened and I have found there are MUCH better options out there using mostly stock Polaris parts. I'm no expert (YET!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) But, I'm learning there's more than one way to skin a cat!! My suggestion to all interested in optimizing thier own machine is to learn all you can about your machine and it's stock clutching. Learn as much about clutching in general as possible and apply that knowledge to your own situation. Either way you go, pre-packaged kit, custom or even home brewed, you will need to do some fine tuning and you will be buying parts you may not be using. If you've done your homework, you WILL end up with a "perfect" clutch for your quad.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Range Rover
Default 700EFI Hop up ?

Originally posted by: moosehunter
Howdy All...

I'm going to run to the defense of the Heel Clicker kit...

rmkcac700...

I've installed a number of these kits and have yet to see any unusual wear issues with the pins. Most of these installs have been on newer machines so that my be the difference. I don't doubt your findings, as it has been said before, you DO know your clutching!! And thanks again for the assistance with that 700 problem. All is well and the owner couldn't be happier!!! So where do I send the check? LOL!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

trenchdigger...

I know where you're coming from. However, with all clutching mods, a bit of trial and error is required to really dial in your machine. The Heel Clicker kit is is adjustable. VERY adjustable. And this alone can lead to quite a bit of frustration. I know it did for me! The Dalton kit is basically a set-it-and-forget-it kit. I'm not knocking the Dalton, or saying the Heel Clicker is any better or any worse. All I'm saying is that a bit of R&D is going to have to take place before you can get your clutching "just right" for your riding style.

For what it's worth...

I've used almost all the well-known, pre-packaged clutch kits on the market. The tuning issues have been HUGE!!! Which has caused me to re-think my direction as far as clutching. With the help of a VERY smart guy, my eye's were opened and I have found there are MUCH better options out there using mostly stock Polaris parts. I'm no expert (YET!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) But, I'm learning there's more than one way to skin a cat!! My suggestion to all interested in optimizing thier own machine is to learn all you can about your machine and it's stock clutching. Learn as much about clutching in general as possible and apply that knowledge to your own situation. Either way you go, pre-packaged kit, custom or even home brewed, you will need to do some fine tuning and you will be buying parts you may not be using. If you've done your homework, you WILL end up with a "perfect" clutch for your quad.
moosehunter ,I definetly agree with you ,some of the best clutching I have had on my sleds has been home brewed or a set up I have picked up off of clutching gurus on different sled forums that where good enough to share there tuning wisdom,I have only ever purchased 2 clutch kits before and I wasn't real happy with either of them ,so yes one is probably better off purchasing a bunch stock springs and weights and start tuning ,it can only be a learning experience.