Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

starting NEW dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wanting to get some pointers on how i should get this thing going,i have a prime location on the interstate,no dealership within 45 min. from here.can buy this guys franchise,he has one in town but not in a very good location and i dont think he wants to do it anymore.i just wanted to get this topic started and see how some of you guys feel about this.thanks

Old 10-05-2000, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

The main problem with the dealers is that they don,t care about the person coming in the door. It is there money not yours, even after the sale you are there to serve the customer. be noligible on the product and have you staff trained not this guess work mechanical hit or miss stuff. Everybody remember what it is like to wait at the counter and twittle your thumbs with out being aknowleded? thats a good way to loose costomers. answer the phone within three rings , and be honest goo the extra distance and you should be succsesfull. Good luck

Old 10-05-2000, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Be prepared to spend a LOT of money to open any new modern dealship.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

i have got a good location,can get the franchise,and there is a good oppertunity for me to do something that i would enjoy.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys~

I think this is a great opportunity for you! I think everybody else on here would agree with me when I say I would love to see a new dealership that actually knows the ATV's they are selling. I see that you have 136 posts in this forum, so I assume you know what you're talking about. Of course it won't be cheap to start this business, but it is hard to say no if you have the location and you will be getting paid doing something you enjoy. My opinion...take on the challenge and best of luck!

Old 10-05-2000, 02:03 PM
MNT
Pro Rider

silverado,
There's only one way to see if your dream can become reality. Good Luck!

Old 10-05-2000, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

silverado

I would say go for it. You will regret it later if you don't at least give it a try. From my five years in the business world, I have learned two basic rules:

1. If we don't take care of the customer, someone else will.
2. Refer to rule 1.

I hope this works out for you. I just wish you were in my area. I would love to help you on this. Oh well, let us know what you decide.

Old 10-05-2000, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man good luck. You are actually doing something that I have been wanting to do. I hope it all goes well!!!

Old 10-05-2000, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I say go for it if the money is there to be made. The best part about it, is that you will love what you are doing. Thats the no. 1 rule! Like the others said, great customer service is a must.

If you love it and it pays good (eventually), you can not go wrong!

Old 10-05-2000, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd love to have an opportunity like that, go for it! You failed to mention what you would be selling. Although I figure its safe to assume that it will be Yamahas. just kidding.

Quick Reply: starting NEW dealership