Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005 | 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Glad you've begun to reach a decision, gordongl. Don't worry about this thread, they happen all the time. Let us know what you end up going with, and good luck with your purchases.

Old 05-21-2005 | 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

MT,

I think you are very mistaken about foreign cars. I am a master tech for Toyota. I have worked for GM and Ford also. I would never work for another company again other than Toyota. 90% of the Toyota vehicles are made right here in the US. Kentucky and Canada. They are made with American steel and labor. 70% of our so called American cars are made with Jap or Chinese parts. The Japs dont make much off of the American made Toyota, Mazda, Honda vehicles because most everything is made and put together here. Toyota has been the best paying, most employee orientated and best service to customers over GM, Ford and Chrystler. Back about 15yrs ago I would have said buy American but Most cars now in America ARE made in America by Americans. Yes you will get parts shipped to America from Japan or China but We as Americans also ship Parts overseas for foreign manufacturers. It comes down to balencing the economy. If we did not have foreign companies to rely on, the US would be very poor. I do draw the line when it comes to outsourcing American work to other countries to get better prices on steel and such. Toyota strives to have the lowest emissions and best mpg vehicles in the world. GM, Ford And Chrystler are so far behind in that department. Thats kind of funny that our government knowing that our environment is in such bad shape but they rely on foreign products to help clean up the air. Why cant American companies do that? We as a whole are not as smart and our work ethics are lazy. You cant blame the Jap companies for being better. America is the greatest country but we lack on technology.

Old 05-21-2005 | 12:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

I would like to point out that GM Corporation is the third largest company in the world. and their production just isnt cars, GMRail produces freight trains. many of americas auto corps do more than build cars. look ford used to make tractors before they sold the line to fiat who renamed it New Holland-Ford

most high tech machinery, machinery mainly and anything that is big is built by the US and exported also. Chrysler builds turbine engines allong with pratt and whitney and General Electric.

we build the big stuff, while the asians build the electronic stuff. and electronic stuff is expenisive

Old 05-21-2005 | 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

The Japs dont make much off of the American made Toyota, Mazda, Honda vehicles because most everything is made and put together here.
This cannot be true in the least. LOL, why the heck would they build cars in the US if this was the case. They makes loads of money... And all of it flows back to Japan!! Ever hear of the trade deficit?
Back about 15yrs ago I would have said buy American but Most cars now in America ARE made in America by Americans. Yes you will get parts shipped to America from Japan or China but We as Americans also ship Parts overseas for foreign manufacturers
American cars are considerably better today than 15 years ago. LOL, yep we assemble cars here. They are designed, managed,engineered and the profits all flow back to Japan. For every one American assembling that Toyota, 100 other people in other countries support that assembling process.
If we did not have foreign companies to rely on, the US would be very poor. I do draw the line when it comes to outsourcing American work to other countries
The American companies are outsourcing work because they must reduce their production costs to compete with cheap imports. The problem is not the American companies nor the American workers, it is the dingbat American consumers that buy the offshore products. It is always better to buy American. Even if many parts come from offshore because the profits go to an American company.
Toyota strives to have the lowest emissions and best mpg vehicles in the world. GM, Ford And Chrystler are so far behind in that department.
The American auto companies are building exactly what you are asking for: SUVs and pickup trucks!!! This is all very nice about high mpg cars. But if no one buys them from the US companies why the heck would they make them??
We as a whole are not as smart and our work ethics are lazy. You cant blame the Jap companies for being better. America is the greatest country but we lack on technology
LOL, the Japs are not better. This is exactly the problem; that anyone seriously believes that a Jap auto is better than a US auto. It is what I refer to as off-shore-itis. That is the strange idea that anything made in Japan or Europe is the best!! LOL, we lack technology? I guess you never heard of Intel, Amd, Microsoft, Motorola, Texas Instraments...
BryceGTX

Old 05-21-2005 | 09:50 AM
Trailblazer
Default Polaris Quality?

2004.5 500 HO had no problems other than a bad batt after three days dealesr fault they took care of it . CV boot protection could be better for what you are paying they should include stick stoppers on the machine and a warranty longer than 6 months would be nice
Only real complaint i have is POLARIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS !!!
500 HO highly recomended

Old 05-21-2005 | 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Edited

Old 05-21-2005 | 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

I was just looking at some sites... you know that a Chrysler 300c with the Hemi starts at around $57,000 US in Japan? Same car starts at $34,000 here. (Both are MSRP's). Now, I wouldnt mind Japanese cars taking over our market so much if only they let American companies even stand a chance in their markets.
I will not argue that they have everything planned very well, but with free money from their government, it is not surprising how much progress they have made in our country.

Old 05-22-2005 | 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

brycegtx, rock on dude. That is great info that many people need to listen to.

Old 05-22-2005 | 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

Right on BryceGTX!

My sister bought a Nissan a couple years ago (to my objection) thinking she would get a better quality car and has had nothing but trouble with it , including the trans going on it when it was less than 1 year old.

b2c,
You are a victim of poor dealer prep and service.
As for the boots you must be going through some narly stuff because i havent had a problem with mine in over 3 years of use. Not that I've exactly babied it either.

Jim

Old 05-23-2005 | 01:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Quality?

BryceGTX - I agree wholeheartedly. Very well said.

Quick Reply: Polaris Quality?