Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Want a kick a$$ trail/mudding sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005 | 12:37 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Want a kick a$$ trail/mudding sportsman

hey yall I want to do more stuff to the Sportsman to make it one bad a$$ trail 4 wheeler , what do yall think I should get for it to make it ? Iam thinking a HMF pipe and a set of nice mud tires, but what are good tires for useing on the raod to and mudding ? And does HMF make a pipe for it ? if so how much will it cost me ? thanks , Oh my budget is around $400

Old 05-22-2005 | 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

For tires i would look into ITP mudlites or 589m/s muddin tires, the Mudlites are pretty bad ***, Exhaust wise i dont know if FMF makes a system for a sportsman but Hot Seat makes full system's for sportsmans but with only 400 bucks it'd be hard to get a set of tires, even w/o rims and a full exhaust for that cheap.

Old 05-22-2005 | 12:52 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think Ied get rims , but I realy like HMF pipes so I might get that and a set of 589's , ill squeeze enough money to get the stuff ,i hope lol , thanks TBGUY250

Old 05-22-2005 | 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

u could manage it w/o rims, and i agree FMF makes great exhaust systems, i just dont know about the systems for a sportsman

good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2005 | 01:14 AM
|
Extreme Pro Rider

lol Iam talking about HMF not FMF but Iam thinking of a Mega MAX 2 and a set of kenda bearklaws , i dunno yet but thanks for the help

Old 05-22-2005 | 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

I just went for my fisrts ride with my new 26' Md Lites and type 6 rims.
First they were lighter than the stock set up by about 30 lbs per set.
Second they do what eveyone say kick A$$! I went through mud without hitch and the crawling over rock and trees is great too.

PM for a great deal. I searched for many places and no one can beat his prices! (YET)

Old 05-22-2005 | 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

I have been trying to find an HMF pipe for my 04 700EFI and haven't found it, I don't think they make them for the sportsmans. I have seen them for the trailboss and magnum though, as far as a good all around trail/mud machine I would go with either the ITP Mudlites or the Kenda Bearclaws. take a look at my pics, I have the 27" Mudlites mounted on ITP type 6 wheels.

Old 05-22-2005 | 04:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TrailBlazerguy250
lol Iam talking about HMF not FMF but Iam thinking of a Mega MAX 2 and a set of kenda bearklaws , i dunno yet but thanks for the help
man it was late last night, guess i should look at HMF and FMF alittle harder[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I have seen HMF systems on sportsman tho, but idk fi they've been custom built to fit or if there manufactured for the machine or not

Old 05-26-2005 | 07:22 AM
Range Rover

DONT GET THE ITP 589's. They are a great mudding/hill climbing/soft terrain tire, but if you are going to ride on pavement, They are going to beat the crap out of you, you will have almost zero control of your quad(on the road), and they wear really really fast on concrete/asphault/paved surfaces. I hear thats due to the lugs being spaced so far apart. My friend had them on his bike and he went through a set in one season because some of the places we ride, we have to ride on the road for a about a mile or so to get there. I have MUDLITE XL's on mine and they are great, there good on the road, great in the mud and flying up hills and they really are a light weight tire. good for performance reasons. Too much rotational mass is a horrible thing!!

Old 05-26-2005 | 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

mud lights are a great tire.

so are dirt devils and dirt devils are pretty cheap as well.

Quick Reply: Want a kick a$$ trail/mudding sportsman