Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Oh no modquad...the windbag may be right again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005 | 03:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default Oh no modquad...the windbag may be right again!!!

YEH, GO BACK TO THE HONDA FORUM WERE BS TALK LIKE THAT MAKES SENSE

Old 07-12-2005 | 09:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

This question is for those who dont appreciate TPR's input at the connection.

Is it what he says or how he says it that rubs you the wrong way.

For the record, MWQ is very entertained by TPR. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2005 | 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
Let me see if I get this straight. I arrive here and make claims as to the future of the sport atv market and proceed to take a beating...understandable, very understandable. There are those that refuse to look beyond the point of their nose unless somthing tangible is there so that in their mind they can't be wrong because it is there for all to see.

Some people make claims about 1 brand, maybe 2 and even sometimes 3. I placed my sig on nearly every available manufacturer as a means to show that not only am I interested in promoting our sport and informing people about what is to come, and what is percieved to be on the horizon, but can do so and take the ridicule with a grain of salt. I stressed that I shall remain cool under fire, and I have, until now....

Because of this This thread, I started in mid may in which someone decided to take firm aim at me and call me out, I decided to return in kind that which he so generously gave to me.

As I have stated before, I will be proven wrong before all this is through, despite, the Raptor 700, the emminent Z-450, and yes even the Polaris are all to be available soon. I could care less about the kudos, it's about the prolification and growth of the sport, but since I can be targeted and dismissed as a windbag so easily, I'd like to ask modquad this one question.....

If I am such a windbag, why am I right so far.....you claim I am arrogant, but you my friend are as two faced as they come. On this subject, you call me names, someone else shows proof....you are on the bandwagon as if you had been on it all along....With all of the information given, don't you think that the next time you decide to disrespect someone, you may want to see if there is actually fact to back you up, or just wing it and d@mn the consequences, who cares.

Oh and in re-reading your little quip about joining a club....I have been a member of the ASA, and it is a proven point of fact that my family were the ones responsible for starting the sand dune craze in Glamis back in 1954.....so don't you dare get smug with me when it comes to dedicaion to the sport.

We can agree to disagree, and I really don't care if you respond, but before you attempt to disrespect someone, you better look at yourself first, glass houses and stones my friend.

TPR

WTF!!

take your meds

Old 07-12-2005 | 09:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Is this what it comes down to?

Old 07-12-2005 | 09:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Bing

take your meds
This is with meds!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LMAO

Old 07-12-2005 | 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

MWQ

It is a little combination of both what he says and how he says it. He is singling out modquad, which is rather unfair, as I know if you look under the polls there is a "is thephantomrider a poster ho?" poll...Some people just dont welcome the type of sarcasim adn humor tpr brings to the table. And with posts like this one, it is even harder to take tpr seriously

Old 07-12-2005 | 05:31 PM
TPR
|
The Champ

Harder to take me seriously?

In my post I called out a single person. I'm betting that he takes the high road and doesn't respond, to which I would applaud. But I have prefaced this and other posts to my detriment already. Has there been others that have given me an earfull, yes and I have dealt with each situation on a post by post basis. This one irritated me as it was from an informed person, one with a long history here and probably has seen it all, and offered up a shot, then later turns around when the Polaris website offers a cryptic clue and starts applauding. I offered insight gleaned from what I observed at the Baja 1000 and the Polaris Reps there.

I know I have a bullseye on my back...I put it there. All this is, is an offer to anyone that doesn't like me, my information or way of speech...Disagree, and leave it there or of course tell me why, or simply ignore me.

There is one absolute truth....at no time will I ever attempt to intentionally deceieve anyone with regards to new atv information. I may make jokes and such, but this business is very improtant to me and that is why I discuss only that which I am allowed to.

I have said my peace on this, to any future posts here, I leave it up to you, so if you need to take your shots, I'm right here.....

TPR........The only choice

Old 07-12-2005 | 06:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

now that post I can take seriously,

If I offended you tpr, i will appologize now. It is just some days it is hard to take people seriously.

Old 07-12-2005 | 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I joined a shooting range for about a year and had to take NRA safety course. They asked how much shooting experience everyone had. Of course, I responded that I had some with a shotgun and rifle but wasn't to good with a pistol. There was this man who talked way to much on how well he shot with pistol and rifle. So, part of this safety course was some shooting with a .22 pistol. I am parafrasing here of what my son heard this man say about me, "this guy (me) said he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol." My son told me this and apparently I out shot him (for heck of it I snuck a peak at his target)--I am still not that good with a pistol..

The Phantom knows after everyone of your post, of the link you provided was kinda of irritating but the information that you provided interesting. That is OK. Try a little humbling it would take you farther then sounding like a bragger. If you are truely have some information on the inside there nothing with sharing. I hope not see later this, "I told you so." When Polaris announces their new product line up later this July (I think).

My 2 cents which is not worth a whole lot! This country is great when you have the freedom of speech!!

Redneck Ron

Old 07-12-2005 | 06:39 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: Bing

take your meds
This is with meds!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LMAO
Man you have a lot of ATV'S. How do you have the time to ride all of those.