Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buying new quad for cross country racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying new quad for cross country racing

Hey guys i have a 05 yfz that is set up for mx racing. I am lookin into purchasing a new pred for cross country racing. I heard there was a problem with the tld pred havin problems shiftin from 4 -5 gear. I was wondering what modifications does the le come with out the box and if there was any problems with the le pred?

Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey i would wait and check out the polaris outlaw,it could be one bad cross country machine.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

I don't think i would like irs on a sport quad but i could be wrong.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the outlaw will be a tuff machine to beat cross country...I would go test it out before you descard it

Old 08-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with Mn. Look at all the highest performance cars and autocross vehicles. They have irs also. Seems any more that straight axles are good for straight line drag racing and circle track.

Steve Lubecki

Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

id go for the outlaw, it handles ALOT better than you think it would, it rolls a little more than a pred, but because of the IRS you can do anything a preddy would, but in a gear higher

Old 08-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride a Predator in CC races. I've found it to be a very good racer in this capacity and I am not able to ride to the quads capabilities.

On the TLD gear issue, it is blown completely out of proportion in my opinion. Some mag published that, and all the sudden people who have never ridden one have an issue with it. Any rider who has this bike has said that there is no issue with the gearing and most like the lower gears for woods riding, including Matt Smiley who runs this gearbox on his GNCC Predator. A pipe is all you need to address any issue between 4th and 5th.

Good luck with your decision. I also will be looking into an Outlaw as I like the concept.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

hey playhard are u goin to crawfordsville for the gncc race comin up?

Old 08-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PlayHard
I ride a Predator in CC races. I've found it to be a very good racer in this capacity and I am not able to ride to the quads capabilities.

On the TLD gear issue, it is blown completely out of proportion in my opinion. Some mag published that, and all the sudden people who have never ridden one have an issue with it. Any rider who has this bike has said that there is no issue with the gearing and most like the lower gears for woods riding, including Matt Smiley who runs this gearbox on his GNCC Predator. A pipe is all you need to address any issue between 4th and 5th.

Good luck with your decision. I also will be looking into an Outlaw as I like the concept.
Absoltuley correct about the TLD gearing issue..I've needed 5th gear on one track racing harescrambles here in Michigan.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be at the Ironman. Just my second GNCC Race. Running 29-34 C Class. Can't wait.

Quick Reply: Buying new quad for cross country racing